Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 07:43 PM

32 posts, read 145,950 times

Advertisements

Anchoragites: Does anyone have any suggestions on restaurants having Easter Brunch this coming Sunday?

I usually just cook a ham or something.. but it's my daughter's birthday and she just announced that she wants to go out to brunch somewhere..

The only place I've been to before for Easter Brunch (several years ago) is Josephines (in the Sheratin).. but I'm wondering if anyone happens to know of any other places that hold Easter Brunch?

I'll make sure and look in tomorrow's "Play" section in the ADN to see if they list anything.. but if anyone happens to know of a place.. I thought I'd check here too.

If I can't find a place that still has reservations, it's ham again! (Those hams in the red foil that they sell @ Costco are awesome)

I'll check back later on in case anyone has any suggestions ~~

Thank you!! ~~~~~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 12:52 PM

Oh well.

Thanks anyway guys!

Old 04-10-2009, 01:11 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,859,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
Oh well.

Thanks anyway guys!
Sorry couldn't help, but I haven't been in Anchorage since we moved here..over 1-1/2 years... We rarely go out...and usually stay home. With man-guy gone again, we invited my neighbors and her parents, so casual day and not so much noise and hubbub

Old 04-10-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Sorry couldn't help, but I haven't been in Anchorage since we moved here..over 1-1/2 years... We rarely go out...and usually stay home. With man-guy gone again, we invited my neighbors and her parents, so casual day and not so much noise and hubbub
No problem Grannysroost! ~~

I lived in Tok for 7 years, and Kodiak for 3 years before that.. so I know what it's like to live in a smaller community.

It's amazing how often we (friends, neighbors, co-workers) got together for potlucks, game nights, etc.. to make our own fun!

Small towns... but never boring!

Old 04-10-2009, 01:21 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,145,934 times
Easter Brunch at the Hotel Captain Cook
Sunday, Apr 12 10:00a to 2:30p
at Hotel Captain Cook, Anchorage, AK

Come and enjoy Easter Sunday Brunch in the Crows Nest Resturant.
Enjoy the fantastic views and the fabulous food prepared by our chef de cuisine - omelets made to order, Alaskan seafood bar, chef carved meats, delightful desserts.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:23 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,374,489 times
Dang Warpt you sound like a travelogue for the hotel!
LOL are you now moonlighting there?

Old 04-10-2009, 07:25 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,145,934 times
Nope, there's a tool called Google, it works well!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:43 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,271,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Nope, there's a tool called Google, it works well!
Indeed. Just yesterday I had lunch at the company, too (free for employees and their guests - you have to see the Google campus - Googleplex - to believe it!).

Old 04-11-2009, 11:48 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,859,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Indeed. Just yesterday I had lunch at the company, too (free for employees and their guests - you have to see the Google campus - Googleplex - to believe it!).
I just was looking at some pictures of that place...wow!!! Said Google was obsessive about food and three gourmet meals per day...

Is over the top with built-in perks for employees. But in the pictures I saw, I think the decor is rather 'busy' to say the least, and I am not sure would be so conducive to work in...

Old 04-11-2009, 12:50 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,271,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I just was looking at some pictures of that place...wow!!! Said Google was obsessive about food and three gourmet meals per day...
Is over the top with built-in perks for employees. But in the pictures I saw, I think the decor is rather 'busy' to say the least, and I am not sure would be so conducive to work in...
Granny, it is a big campus and it is very conducive to working and eating .
The variety of food offered in astounding - Californian, Mexican, Indian, Thai, Japanese, Chinese - you name it. All meals are free to employees and their guests. And there are giant refrigerators all over with gourmet snack foods and drinks. Think of it as a five star hotel interspersed with office space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage