Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
 [Register]
Ann Arbor Washtenaw County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 01:34 PM

10 posts, read 23,909 times

Advertisements

I'm having a difficult time finding rental houses in the Ann Arbor and surrounding areas. Is there a good online resource for classifieds, or a county-wide type of paper that I could look in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 10:06 AM

2,410 posts, read 5,821,936 times
Try craigslist, bulletin boards around campus (if you are a student), and a free "apartment finder" magazine at local grocery stores. That last source is mostly the managed complexes. The U-M Housing office also has a list of off campus properties, again student-oriented, which is also available on their website. Rent is high around town due to the campus. Surrounding communities vary, and some good rents can be found, but it takes some looking.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:14 AM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,143,312 times
Most landlords use rental agencies or rental agents anymore or the community human services up at the colleges is why.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:43 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
Have you tried realtor.com and then call a realtor too?

Old 05-02-2011, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,763 times
Ann Arbor is a HUGE college town. If you go house/apartment hunting after the school year starts or after the beginning of one of the semesters, you're going to have pretty slim pickings. My advice is to go apartment hunting right now, because U of M just graduated so the seniors are leaving, plus lots more landlords will advertise over the summer. My advice is, if you can get to town, drive around and look for "For Rent" signs or use Craigslist. I know there's houses for rent in the city, but if you don't have huge luck try searching Ypsilanti (awesome community but a bit more crime) or Dexter (10 minutes away, charming little town) or Whitmore Lake (15 minutes away, charming lake town).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor