Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
 [Register]
Ann Arbor Washtenaw County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2007, 11:29 AM

2 posts, read 9,556 times

Advertisements

Hi
I am in charge of creating a fun filled (short) trip for my group of girlfriends. We are all mid-forties with families and busy schedules (mid-income).

I learned of Chelsea from a newspaper insert featuring Jeff Daniels and the Purple Rose. Sounds like a great small town!

Other then The Common Grill, Purple Rose, galleries, what other interests might there be?

Other dining opportunities?

Variety of shops?

any Day Spas?
Any relaxed Bed & Breakfasts or hotels that would accomodate 8-12 of us?

I would also appreciate any other destination suggestions out there also.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 07:31 PM

687 posts, read 2,036,766 times
Well, Chelsea (even though it's called a city) really is a small town. LOL I think there's about a population of 4500 people. A friend runs a website that I'd be happy to PM you if you'd like with a lot of info on it.

The PR Theater is within walking distance of The Common Grill. If you want a very nice dinner then the Common Grill is it. There are a few other little sandwich/cafe shops around. There is also Cleary's Pub which is across from The Common Grill which is pretty good but more pub food. There are a few art galleries right on that same block if you are into that sort of thing. A wonder unusual store called Mission Marketplace that sells goods from impoverished countries all over the world. Some very neat things. There also is a wonderful Garden store called the Garden Mill and right around the corner you have an Independent bookstore called Cranesbill Books. Also there is the Potting Shed which is full of all sorts of girlie finds like soaps, papers, knickknacks etc. Ooooh! You could also go to the Bead Gallery right next door and make jewelry if you are into that. Also down the next block is a Chocolate Cafe (mmmmmm!) and The Pink Turtle (A Lily Pulitzer specialty clothing store). And also don't forget about Jiffy Mix and the Chelsea Teddy bear factory if you are interested.

There are 2 hotels right off the expressway (I believe it's Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn Express that are relatively new) and also the Chelsea House Victorian Inn (on the street behind the Purple Rose Theater)

Wow. I've given more than $0.02 haven't I? LOL Good luck and I hope some of what I said was informative!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor