Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
 [Register]
Ann Arbor Washtenaw County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2009, 07:32 PM

9 posts, read 33,571 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am planning on relocating to the Milan, Michigan area in Monroe County. I would like to live in the country and was looking at small acreages in London Township. Does anyone here have any familiarity with the area? How is the economy? Crime? Etc.
Any help much appreciated.
Fraiz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 08:31 AM

23 posts, read 106,809 times
We also are possibly moving to Milan. Are you a BOP employee?

Old 10-04-2009, 06:55 AM

110 posts, read 261,852 times
In Milan, housing is less expensive than in many other southeast Michigan areas and it is a pretty small town. Milan is known for its dragway, a racing track. It is also home to a federal prison. Milan does not have much racial or ethnic diversity, it is nearly 95% white.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,122 times
I haven't seen to much info about Milan so let me tell you!

I have lived in Milan about 7 years - Hubby was born and raised here.
Crime is almost non-existent, we left doors unlock, keys in handle, you name it without a concern. The only problem ive ever had is a local highschooler went on a midnight loot and stole my wallet - being said he left all cards (credit, medical, etc) on the front seat of my car and left my valuable electronics in the backseat. It was solved quickly and i have never had another incident.
Now back to the city!!
Apts range in the $500-$800 range, home rentals in the $900-$1200 range.
Milan's school system is amazing! I am very happy to send my child there, all the teachers care and are very hands on with the community.
Of course like many small towns in Michigan the economy isnt the best - but this is by far the best city i've ever lived in!
Small local shops pop up every time one closes, its a very close knit community - local events every season and the residents are very friendly!

I hope this helps to anyone looking into this area! Good luck

Old 02-24-2016, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,032 times
Same with the ladies comment above me my husband Ruben is a life long resident of Milan and I have lived here a little over twenty years. It is a nice small town, nice aesthetically and growing for sure. Little crime mostly not serious but there is a major drug element to this town! I have raised two grown kids and raising two in Milan school now. My step son was hometown athletic hero and marine. My stepdaughter while popular didn't graduate! I think if your a tentive parent then you will have no issues but the kids at these schools are mean and it's very hard to fit in if not born and raised here. My nine year old son loves school here, gets along well with kids and enjoys Milan schools! My thirteen year old daughter hates Milan schools and the kids! She gets good grades, would never miss behave at school or disrespect an adult, and her teachers have always said she gets along so well with others. Hearing it from her however, she says the kids are really mean and as a volunteer at her school, I can see there is a lot the teachers either miss, disregard or ignore! As a mom I would never want to have introduced my kids into this town if they were past the third grade. If your kids are still in or below the third grade, they will attend Paddock Elementary which would transition them for what's ahead but I think it will be tough on kids entering Milan schools above that! Esp. If your child is unique in the way they dress, look, learn, speak, whatever the case. Parents in this town seem to teach their children to be sneaky about their bullying tactics and it is very hard on kids who don't want to get in trouble at school or be seen in that light by their teachers or peers. This is my reality and I am speaking from expierence with a wide array of children, each having a very different personality!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
View detailed profiles of: