Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 08:05 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,485,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
There's a lot of signs springing up around Phoenix advising people to vote no on several propositions affecting the Constitution, including this one. I have to study my pamphlet some more, but that may work for me.
I've seen quite a few of them. No on everything except the one put forth by the people, 203.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 09:23 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,439,914 times
hunting will break the ecological balance, so must shopping

Old 10-13-2010, 08:35 AM

314 posts, read 924,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
I've seen quite a few of them. No on everything except the one put forth by the people, 203.
Interesting...
I voted early and did the opposite; 203 was the only one I voted NO on.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:57 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,504,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR1 View Post
Interesting...
I voted early and did the opposite; 203 was the only one I voted NO on.
Proposition 203 was the only one backed by a citizen movement, the others by the clowns in the legislature.

I guess you would rather have the legislature decicing everything for us, and to heck with power to the people?

Old 10-13-2010, 09:41 AM

314 posts, read 924,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
Proposition 203 was the only one backed by a citizen movement, the others by the clowns in the legislature.
A "citizen movement" to legalize drugs...no thanks!

Old 10-14-2010, 04:39 PM

207 posts, read 549,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Well stated and I feel the same way.

I was waiting for somebody to tell me I was anti-gun, so that I could mention that I have active carry permits from three states. But nobody did.
Ohhhh 'permits'! That any of those states can revoke or alter at any time. Do you understand what the recognition of a Right is? That means once recognized it can never be recinded. It can never be banned. Sure... the legislature can say where you can hunt... and what season, but it can never be banned.

I'm voting Yes on 109... in fact I already did.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:24 PM

14 posts, read 26,301 times
The Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) did its latest analysis on donated dollars to animal shelters. The numbers are telling as they relate to one major “animal rights” organization.
An analysis of the latest federal income tax return from the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) shows that the animal rights group took in $101 million during 2009 but shared only $3,209 with pet shelters in Arizona. In this year, HSUS has spent a staggering $250,000 towards defeating Proposition 109, which would guarantee the right of hunting and fishing for Arizona’s outdoorsmen.
The bottom line: HSUS has spent 80 times more money funding a battle against an Arizona constitutional amendment than it spent on the actual hands-on care of homeless dogs and cats in 2009. Only two pet shelters in the entire state of Arizona received funding assistance from HSUS last year, totaling $3,209.
“HSUS is a humane society in name only,” said David Martosko, CCF’s Director of Research. “Thousands of Americans give to HSUS thinking that their donations will trickle down to pet shelters. Instead, HSUS is wasting that money bankrolling an expensive political battle.”
Adds Arizona Farm Bureau Government Relations Director Joe Sigg, “The only thing HSUS is a guardian of is money, not animals.”
In a 2010 national poll, Opinion Research Corporation found that 7 in 10 Americans thought HSUS “is an umbrella group that represents thousands of local humane societies all across America.” And 59 percent thought HSUS “contributes most of its money to local organizations that care for dogs and cats.”
So what’s the best advice for animal lovers? Keep your support dollars local and send to a shelter near where you live or within your state. That’s where the need is greatest and where you can see the results of the animal shelters efforts.
And for hunters and wildlife conservationists? Vote in support of Arizona’s Proposition 109.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona