Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 02:23 PM

314 posts, read 924,488 times

Advertisements

If that's the best the the little demmies can do, then this will truly be an epic can-o-whoop opened on Tuesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 02:30 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDesertRat86 View Post
Everyone has Skeleton's in their closet. Even the Pope I am sure. Nobody is perfect.

Clinton dodging the draft is unforgivable in my eyes. That is just down right cowardly.

I agree. Of all people you would think the Potus would be willing and honored to fight for their country.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:34 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Who cares...

An incident which happened nearly a quarter of a century ago....

How is that relevant?

Old 10-29-2010, 02:39 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Nah, it's way off the radar for me, now. I can forgive random past indiscretions from politicians. Habitual ones, not so much.

Besides, politicians and booze never stray far from each other.
Boy, ain't that the truth, 43north.

While working at LAX many years ago, I remember witnessing the famous Ted Kennedy being so drunk he wasn't able to walk straight or even speak clearly.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:46 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars99 View Post
That's so long ago, who cares?
If that's all she did, I wouldn't care. People make mistakes. The reason this incident is relevant is it shows a trend of dishonesty and poor character. The same person who was basically driving drunk champions tough laws against drunk driving to advance her career. She then lied about her father's involvement in WWII and claimed he died fighting the Nazis. Then she lied about beheadings. Then "her office" accused Terry Goddard of being gay without proof just to initiate scare tactics. I mean it's lie after lie. I guess for some of you, poor character means little when electing a politician as long as they support the causes you endorse but to me, it does matter. I guess I'm old fashioned though

And before someone chimes in with "Well Clinton lied" or Ted Kennedy killed someone, it has nothing to do with political parties. I didn't approve of that either and felt Clinton should have undergone impeachment hearings or tried at the very least. If Roger Clemens can go to prison for lying to a grand jury about taking steroids then I fail to see how a President can't be impeached at the very least for doing the same thing. Kennedy should have gone to jail. It's not about Republicans vs Democrats, it's about some level of integrity and I feel Brewer is a habitual liar and lacks credibility and character.

Would you vote for someone who preached family values and then cheated on their spouse? Same thing happened here. She was involved with a drunk driving incident and then later championed tough DUI laws to advance her career.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 10-29-2010 at 05:55 PM..

Old 10-29-2010, 06:28 PM

260 posts, read 511,676 times
She had 2 drinks 22 years ago. I m sure almost everybody had 2 drinks at sometime. If "her office" accused Terry Goddard of being gay, that was her office, and we dont know who exactly.
These are just accusations, and in my opinion, best just to forget about it.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:51 PM

88 posts, read 181,843 times
Default GOV. Jan's FULL Police Report---PDF format

Not sure her pattern of lies have ever stopped.....
http://vvoice.vo.llnwd.net/e14/5553296.0.pdf

Old 10-29-2010, 08:59 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
DPS officers at the scene believed Brewer was intoxicated. Unsteady on her feet, her breath smelling of alcohol, Brewer failed a series of field sobriety tests.

Brewer was placed in handcuffs and taken to a DPS station, where she was supposed to undergo a test to determine her blood-alcohol level. But no test was ever performed. After a discussion with a DPS lieutenant, two officers drove Brewer home.

At the scene, Brewer told officers she had "one scotch." Later, at the station, she said she had had two. At the time, she denied being drunk.

Read more: Brewer suspected of DUI in 1988 crash; case not pursued

Does this influence how you view Jan Brewer or not at all?
You've already posted this in politics. Tell me, why do you post this, in light of the fact there are far more egregious offenses you could talk about? Do you want her voted in or not? Supposedly, you are a cardiologist. If so, you make big bucks and it's in your interest to see her voted in. If not, what gives?

You could go on and on about her lies about beheadings, but you don't. Just what is your real agenda here?

Old 10-30-2010, 12:20 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
You've already posted this in politics. Tell me, why do you post this, in light of the fact there are far more egregious offenses you could talk about? Do you want her voted in or not? Supposedly, you are a cardiologist. If so, you make big bucks and it's in your interest to see her voted in. If not, what gives?

You could go on and on about her lies about beheadings, but you don't. Just what is your real agenda here?
WOW, Mistygrl . . . I couldn't have stated it better.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:38 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
You'If so, you make big bucks and it's in your interest to see her voted in.
Why is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona