Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2007, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 6,429 times

Advertisements

Hi...I've been retired in my travel trailer in the Prescott area since 95 but the only change left for this place is to change the name to Scottsdale North or Santa Fe West or whatever means expensive and trendy...nice if you like it...not for me.

From many comments on this forum, there aren't a lot of choices for a similar climate but ruling out other rich people and tourist enclaves and places with strong ethnic and/or religious overtones. Kingman, while it's not Prescott (wind and hotter summers) must have something to offer us trailer folk as searching the web turns up a lot of RV and mobile parks.

While it's easy to sort senior parks like anything else, all are NOT created equal. I'd like to hear from any senior trailer folk about their park space and what's good and bad about it. Your opinions will all help narrow my choices before I drive up to look around. My priorities are quiet, affordability (space rent runs from $250-350 here), a cable internet connection, security, a Walmart or such within say 8-10 miles max, no management objections to my doing maintenance work on my trailer or van and quiet (did I mention quiet?). Amenities like club house, pool, recreation activity etc are not needed. If it matters I have a 94 Fleetwood and a 97 Chevy cargo van.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona