Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2015, 04:38 AM

5 posts, read 9,176 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=2]I have just gotten my February SW Gas bill. There is a [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]$26.02 EEP charge because the weather was a couple degrees warmer than last [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]year. This has gone beyond ridiculous. This is outright fraud. This is the highest rate increase that has ever been allowed in the US for any utility. SW Gas will not reveal their [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]formula and apparently it is different for different people/situations. We want the decoupling removed entirely. In Arizona, with the warm winters, it is totally unnecessary. SW Gas is totally playing this out for their own profits, stating that "it benefits everybody." If the weather is colder than usual, we may get a few cents subtracted from our bill. If it is warmer than usual, EEP charges are going higher and higher (they have long since [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]figured out that they can get away with this and what started out as a dollar [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]variance has now risen to as high as $50/month in their favor) With global warming, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]this trend will continue to get worse, with more profits for SW Gas. The Big Business Arizona Corporation Commission has gone to bed with Big Business SW Gas and refuses to back down. Contact the Arizona Corporation Commission and let them know differently and that you will vote them out if they do not remove the decoupling provision that allows the EEP charge. This is all Big Business Fraud at the expense of the consumer.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 08:32 AM

191 posts, read 172,055 times
Last year when it was warm I got hit with an extra $50 charge for the two months from mid Jan to Mid-March. I got an $8 credit this year for Jan. I think the Arizona Corporation Commission has changed the way they compute the decoupling charges. You will still get hit with the charge but they are supposed to credit you the money back the following year. Because they changed the rules recently I am not sure if the overcharges they made last year will ever come back. It takes a full year before the ACC can lower the rates. This years gas rates are 30% higher than last years.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:00 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,957,540 times
I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I didn't want to start a new one just to complain....

My bill I got yesterday had a $25 surcharge because I didn't use as much gas as they would have wanted me to. Is there really any point to conservation if I have to pay for it anyways.

paradiseca: I searched but I couldn't find any info where they are going to give this back. I have been paying extra except for the occasional $.05 credit here and there.

So frusterating, its like playing roulette with my bill.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:13 AM

191 posts, read 172,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I didn't want to start a new one just to complain....

My bill I got yesterday had a $25 surcharge because I didn't use as much gas as they would have wanted me to. Is there really any point to conservation if I have to pay for it anyways.

paradiseca: I searched but I couldn't find any info where they are going to give this back. I have been paying extra except for the occasional $.05 credit here and there.

So frusterating, its like playing roulette with my bill.
It takes two years before the Arizona Corporation Commission will make any adjustments. As an example this year we get a small credit for overcharges in 2013. Some people might call it one year. The decision to give the small rebates was made in December 2014. My neighbor who kept his house a lot warmer got hit with only $14 while I paid $41 while keeping the thermostat down. He still paid more but not that much more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona