Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 12:39 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,982,810 times

Advertisements

There's another initiative that I can fully support: RAD (Re-legalize All Drugs). It's being run by a guy in Tempe but the committee is de minimus so they won't be collecting any money. It's strictly a volunteer operation which makes it nothing more than a feel good exercise.

http://apps.azsos.gov/election/2016/.../C-03-2016.pdf

Old 07-12-2015, 05:32 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,258,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Cannabis has been proven to increase the number of healthy brain cells in adolescents. Researchers trying to convince people that a greater number of healthy brain cells lowers intelligence! All that happens when people use cannabis is some might pay less attention to info from other people so they might mot remember as much of what was said, but that is not the same as permanent brain damage.
Long term use of marijuana, and being addicted to it isn't healthy at all. There are some short term health benefits, but there are just as many risks with smoking marijuana as there are with smoking cigarettes, such as lung cancer. I personally can't stand the second hand smoke from cigarettes or marijuana, which is why I stay away from both. Claiming that marijuana is healthy is about as bad as claiming that tobacco is healthy (much like what was advertised long ago with cigarettes).

My reasons for legalizing marijuana are due to the overwhelming evidence we have that the war on drugs is a failure, and regulating people's private lives to save them from themselves doesn't work. I say that if people want to smoke, let them smoke whatever they want as long as they're not blowing it in my direction! They're aware of the risks, so let them knock themselves out. Banning or restricting these substances is not going to stop the illegal drug trade ... in fact, it has actually increased underground criminal activity (much like Prohibition did with alcohol in the 1920s & early 1930s). I personally don't give a rat's rump about who smokes what, who gets sick from it, or who dies from it. If idiots are killing themselves off through their own stupid actions, I see it as effective population control. It might sound mean, cold, and harsh, but it's a fact of life!

Old 07-12-2015, 05:46 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,276,315 times
Just to point it out, smoking it is not necessary and if using under the direction of a doctor (and if you're smart, recreationally) they're almost certainly directing you, as mine do, to ingest it either by eating it or using a vaporizer. You avoid the by products of combustion that way. These methods are also more effective, more economical and do not have much smell if any.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:08 AM

246 posts, read 400,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Long term use of marijuana, and being addicted to it isn't healthy at all. There are some short term health benefits, but there are just as many risks with smoking marijuana as there are with smoking cigarettes, such as lung cancer. I personally can't stand the second hand smoke from cigarettes or marijuana, which is why I stay away from both. Claiming that marijuana is healthy is about as bad as claiming that tobacco is healthy (much like what was advertised long ago with cigarettes).
This. But, as Simon and Garfunkel once said, "a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."

Society as a whole will pay for (and has paid for) the negative effects of marijuana use on those who have chosen to use it.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:29 AM

156 posts, read 420,190 times
Just like booze!

Old 07-13-2015, 10:51 AM

923 posts, read 1,429,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgray9 View Post
Society as a whole will pay for (and has paid for) the negative effects of marijuana use on those who have chosen to use it.

Society as a whole will pay for (and has paid for) the negative effects of the failed war on drugs.
Over the past four decades, federal and state governments have poured over $1 trillion into drug war spending and relied on taxpayers to foot the bill. Unfortunately, these tax dollars have gone to waste.

War on drugs a trillion-dollar failure - CNN.com

Drug War Statistics | Marijuana Statistics | Mexico Drug War Deaths | Drug Policy Alliance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona