Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 02:20 PM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Not off topic at all...you asked why you have to pay annually for a "special plate".

This isn't Colorado.
This isn't California either, and you brought up whorehouses which is totally off topic and uncalled for. It wouldn't get approved through the state. My point is the repeated annual policy fee is ridiculous and needs to change for the better. Sorry if I'm penny pinching but I have every right to and I'm sure a few are on the same page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 02:21 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
This isn't California either, and you brought up whorehouses which is totally off topic and uncalled for. It wouldn't get approved through the state. My point is the repeated annual policy fee is ridiculous and needs to change for the better. Sorry if I'm penny pinching but I have every right to and I'm sure others are on the same page.
If they are they probably chose not to get a vanity plate. This is kind of an odd thing to gripe about frankly

Old 05-13-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
"Because that money keeps getting donated to the target fund of the plate."

The plate I'm getting is the Luke Air Force Base F-35 "Sound of Freedom" plate.

I don't have a problem at all with paying $25/year to the Fighter Country Foundation, which provides programs and services to benefit military families. $25 is a pittance. It's about what I spend getting a meal delivered by Doordash.

Attention airplane fans, cool video:

[vimeo]282231696[/vimeo]
[vimeo]282231696[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/282231696
That's great, and if there was a US Navy veteran plate, I'd sport that on my car but there isn't one.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:23 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
I just make my own plate. No numbers or letters, just flowers and butterflies. Try runnin that through your fancy computer copper!

Old 05-13-2019, 02:29 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
This isn't California either, and you brought up whorehouses which is totally off topic and uncalled for.
You posted this, right?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...stitution.html

I believe that's what KurtAZ is referencing. Though I could be wrong...

Old 05-13-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
You posted this, right?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...stitution.html

I believe that's what KurtAZ is referencing. Though I could be wrong...
Of course I posted that, but it's a different thread and subject. You're deflecting.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:31 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
I don't know what CO does with their one time fee, but as others have said, the special plates here each have a target fund, and the annual donation is important to those it is directed to. It is well worth $25 a year to me to support the program connected to my special plate. A small price to pay. If you don't want to spend the $25 each year, get a regular plate.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I don't know what CO does with their one time fee, but as others have said, the special plates here each have a target fund, and the annual donation is important to those it is directed to. It is well worth $25 a year to me to support the program connected to my special plate. A small price to pay. If you don't want to spend the $25 each year, get a regular plate.
For the Columbine plates.

Passenger

About: This plate was created to recognize the victims and survivors of the tragic bombing and shooting at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999.

Available For: Passenger cars, trucks that do not exceed 16,000 pounds empty weight, noncommercial (not available for any vehicle registered Tax Class A- International Registration Plan- IRP) or recreation vehicles, motor homes.

Who Qualifies: Any person that desires to register their vehicle with the Columbine plate.

Fees: One-time fee of $50.00 for issuance or replacement of plates, in addition to other taxes and fees.

Number of Plates Allowed: Unlimited

Plate Options:
Passenger License plate
Information: Research Colorado Revised Statute 42-3-207.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dmv/node/40131/

Each vanity plates have different fees, depending on the plate itself and the contributing fund. I haven't found one that requires to pay again at the time for renewal of license plate with the exception of personalized vanity plates. Over time, paying $25 annually for vanity plates adds up additional costs instead of paying a larger fee up front and never having to pay again.

Old 05-14-2019, 11:55 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times
The difference is...and since we are specifically referencing the Columbine plate...those plate fees just go to the state. Other Colorado plates, you have to make a one-time donation (outside the licensing fee) to obtain a certificate to allow you to apply for that specific plate. If you want a special plate in AZ, $17 of the fees go to the target charity of fund set up for that plate and it is a recurring donation. It really is pretty simple...and I like that AZ does this. It is not just a different plate, it means you are giving, every year, to that organization.

https://servicearizona.com/applicati...#specplateinfo

If you don't want to donate to that organization, you can get a standard plate and save the $25. Maybe if you save up a few years you can fund that trip to the Bunny Ranch.

Last edited by KurtAZ; 05-14-2019 at 12:10 PM..

Old 04-12-2020, 03:27 PM

3,610 posts, read 1,205,338 times
I have a question about the standard Arizona plate but personalized (vanity plate). Is that also $25 per year for as long as you register the plate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: