Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 03:21 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,098,493 times

Advertisements

O.P., why would you consider a move to Phoenix? The city is suffering from severe water shortages due to over expansion and development. Do you really want to add to that problem?
If you’re interested in moving to a *warm* state, you would be better off in New Mexico.

Old 09-14-2022, 08:33 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,141,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
O.P., why would you consider a move to Phoenix? The city is suffering from severe water shortages due to over expansion and development. Do you really want to add to that problem?
If you’re interested in moving to a *warm* state, you would be better off in New Mexico.
We are? Huh...haven't noticed that...except for the sensationalistic news articles telling us to be afraid. I would NOT move to Vegas on the other hand. They are very reliant on Colorado River water.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:08 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
So I got about 6-8 years to plan my exodus....got it.
Why not get ahead of the curve?

Old 09-18-2022, 02:42 PM

2,378 posts, read 2,707,802 times
I think it's very hard to predict - maybe easier in a few months, maybe not - but I guess it will be more trending left-Democratic. I think that Arizona's embarrassments lately, such as the fiasco with Cyber Ninjas and the extreme rantings of some of the Republican candidates have people backing away from the right.

However, I have to also say that I suspect that each person will say their own side is on the upswing, not because of bias, but simply because our friends tend to think alike, so people tend to hear friends voice similar opinions and mistake that for a broader, general feeling.

Old 09-18-2022, 05:30 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,258,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
I think it's very hard to predict - maybe easier in a few months, maybe not - but I guess it will be more trending left-Democratic. I think that Arizona's embarrassments lately, such as the fiasco with Cyber Ninjas and the extreme rantings of some of the Republican candidates have people backing away from the right.
The problem is the quality of the candidates we have to choose from this year, especially in the Governor's race. One of them is charismatic & well spoken, but has pushed conspiracy theories about the 2020 election. The other comes across as weak, timid, and refuses to participate in a debate. I think Arizona will remain a pretty solid swing state, but I hope we can become less controlled by the government in all shapes & sizes ... which includes finally abolishing that archaic 1901 territorial law once & for all (I won't say what it pertains to, but I think we all know what it is by now).

Old 09-18-2022, 06:39 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,638,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
The problem is the quality of the candidates we have to choose from this year, especially in the Governor's race. One of them is charismatic & well spoken, but has pushed conspiracy theories about the 2020 election. The other comes across as weak, timid, and refuses to participate in a debate. I think Arizona will remain a pretty solid swing state, but I hope we can become less controlled by the government in all shapes & sizes ... which includes finally abolishing that archaic 1901 territorial law once & for all (I won't say what it pertains to, but I think we all know what it is by now).
That certainly won’t happen if Qanon Kari gets elected.

Old 09-18-2022, 10:24 PM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
If Kari Fake becomes governor watch for a huge influx of gun slinging right wing 'John Wayne' wannabes heading this way. Oops, there's already a bunch here right now.

Old 09-18-2022, 11:36 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,723,555 times
A little OT but since this has become a bit of a vote thread, has anyone here received an email from "publicitypamphlet@azsos.gov?"
I've received 2 emails (9/2 & 9/15) and Gmail marked them as spam.
What's interesting is that they claim I switched my preference for receiving my voter information pamphlet from snail to email via the Service Arizona site. I haven't changed anything since before the last cycle.
Just thought it was interesting and was curious to see if anyone else had received these emails.

Old 09-19-2022, 07:05 AM

867 posts, read 721,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
A little OT but since this has become a bit of a vote thread, has anyone here received an email from "publicitypamphlet@azsos.gov?"
I've received 2 emails (9/2 & 9/15) and Gmail marked them as spam.
What's interesting is that they claim I switched my preference for receiving my voter information pamphlet from snail to email via the Service Arizona site. I haven't changed anything since before the last cycle.
Just thought it was interesting and was curious to see if anyone else had received these emails.

I have, and I also received an e-mail some days or weeks before letting me know it would be coming.

Quote:
Dear Arizona Voter:

Thank you for opting in to receive the 2022 General Election Publicity Pamphlet electronically! This Publicity Pamphlet is intended to support your efforts to participate in the 2022 General Election on November 8 in a way that is most meaningful to you. You may access the publicity pamphlet here: https://azsos.gov/sites/default/files/azsos_2022_publicity_pamphlet_standard_english_web _version.pdf.  

Please also be mindful and mark your calendars with the following important dates:

·     October 11th: Voter Registration Deadline for the General Election

·     October 12th – November 4th: Early Voting

·     November 8th: Election Day

As always, it continues to be a pleasure representing you and the great state of Arizona. I appreciate your ongoing commitment and your participation in this year’s General Election.

Sincerely,

Katie Hobbs
Secretary of State

P.S. Our email vendor automatically provides an “opt-out” message in the footer of every email as a matter of company policy. However, unsubscribing from their email list does not remove you from the Publicity Pamphlet you subscribed to when registering to vote or updating your voter registration through the Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles’ website. If you wish to officially unsubscribe from receiving the Publicity Pamphlet via electronic delivery, please visit ServiceArizona at https://servicearizona.com/VoterRegistration/selectLanguageand update your voter registration record accordingly. Likewise, if you believe you were signed up for electronic pamphlet delivery in error, please visit MVD’s online voter registration website to correct your registration record.

Old 09-19-2022, 09:46 AM

1,688 posts, read 1,269,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
If Kari Fake becomes governor watch for a huge influx of gun slinging right wing 'John Wayne' wannabes heading this way. Oops, there's already a bunch here right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona