Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:22 AM

894 posts, read 2,203,105 times

Advertisements

What are the internet options out in Tonopah? I am moving back home to AZ soon, been gone almost 6 years. Back then all that was available was dial up. I have been living in the Texas burbs, so I am quite content with my roadrunner high speed internet. Is there high speed internet available out there? Surely there has to have been some advances in the past 6 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 05:42 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,478,522 times
Is it still qwest phone service or do you know? that will be a clue then the location as Tonopah is a huge chunk of territory. You have to be located somewhat close to the phone office where they phone lines run into (Like a switching office.) there should be dsl out there. Are you going to be closer to 339th ( the river area) or 411th ave? South of I-10 or North towards Indian School Rd?

Old 11-30-2009, 08:04 AM

135 posts, read 542,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDesertRat86 View Post
What are the internet options out in Tonopah? I am moving back home to AZ soon, been gone almost 6 years. Back then all that was available was dial up. I have been living in the Texas burbs, so I am quite content with my roadrunner high speed internet. Is there high speed internet available out there? Surely there has to have been some advances in the past 6 years.
Might have to think about 'satellite internet' out there in Tonopah. FYI, Cell serivce can be spotty between Hwy 85 and mile post 81 and sometimes further out depending on weather conditions, unless you have Verizon or ATT. Phoenix Internet is a local satellite provider, I don't know how far out they will travel to get you hooked up. DM me and I can give you the info to get in tocuh with them.

Also check with Qwest, too, see if they can bundle a package for you with landline, high speed internet, and dish network, all bundled into one bill.
Peg

Old 11-30-2009, 03:18 PM

South of I10 off of Wintersburg rd. I know how cell service is, I have gone home a few times in the past years, I am not too worried about that.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:24 PM

135 posts, read 542,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDesertRat86 View Post
South of I10 off of Wintersburg rd. I know how cell service is, I have gone home a few times in the past years, I am not too worried about that.
I commented on the lack of cellular in the Tonopah area because if you were thinking of a wireless modem for internet, it might be non-exisitant out there. It's been some years since I lived out there. I just know that was the problem out there then....also friends who 'truck' through there complain regualrly when they loose signal as they pass through.

Anyway, welcome home, soldier. we're glad to have you back and appreciate what you do.
Peg

Old 11-30-2009, 06:05 PM

24,482 posts, read 26,021,800 times
^^ Ditto., Welcome home.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:31 AM

Thanks folks.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:20 PM

100 posts, read 338,965 times
We moved to buckeye.. and we are using Qwest for internet and phone... I was standing in line at walgreens and i over heard a tonopah resident say that they are getting internet out there. I'm not to sure what service is provided but i'd check it out. You can go to Qwest.com and put your zipcode (if you know it) and see what they have and if they do go out that far.. oh and fyi, we live off of miller road exit 114 i belive. So i'm not to sure how far tonopah is from us.. but just my 2 cents.. LOL

Old 12-01-2009, 04:58 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,478,522 times
Tonopah starts at MP 103 west of the river and out towards the rest area on I-10 Flat Iron Mt CAP canal on the north to south of the power plant

Old 12-02-2009, 01:11 AM

Obviously rambrush copied and pasted that.

Tonopah begins on the west side of the Hassayampa river.

Of course I know the Zip code, I used to live there. That is something you don't forget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona