Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 10:39 AM

3 posts, read 8,576 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any memories, photos or information on the vehicle dealership "Bushe Ford" that used to exist in Brinkley Arkansas.

I have a 65 Mustang that was bought from there and I'd like to trace it's history as far as I can.

Thanks!

Brooce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,496 times
Operated by Charles Bushe and his son Ken, the business was located on both sides of Cypress Street about mid-way of the zero block. I would guess the address as 40 or 50 West Cypress--something close to that. Their building was on the north side of the street. It housed a small showroom and shop. The south side of the street was where much of their inventory was displayed. The building still stands--as a shell of its former self--and it serves as some sort of business resembling a mechanic shop or dismantler. My memories of the business date to the early to mid '80's, and it was on its way out then. At that time the block housed two auto parts dealers, a tractor dealer, the Ford dealer, two liquor stores, a juke-joint, a cafe of sorts, and a residence. Then the town began going away fast and most of that activity is now gone. Ken Bushe was selling Fords for a dealer in the area of Little Rock-Benton, AR by my last account. I know him in passing and he is fairly friendly. He would likely enjoy relating his memories to you.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:19 AM

3 posts, read 8,576 times
Thanks for the information Tangenacan, I'll see if I can't hunt Ken down for his input.

It really is a shame to see the smaller towns shrinking like that have done and losing the various mom and pop business's that used to sustain them.

Kinda feels like it is robbing the country of its diversity and flavor.

Just my $0.02.

Thanks again!

Old 09-28-2010, 01:22 AM

2 posts, read 6,070 times
Penny Savings Grocery turns to Slick Auto parts. Ned Owens cafe, The Hole in the Wall (juke Joint) Bethell Liquor store,,Int National Harvester tractor dealership. During the 90's the building was occupied by a guy who bought and restored some very nice old cars..i.e. 58 Impala convt and such. its now a quasi third world pool hall with auto repair on side. ahh yes I remember the place my mom bought a used 59 chevy there in the 70's ( we were/are poor folk) thing smoked like hell. Bushe Ford A-1 used cars...the big sign said towering over the used cars.
Cedric

Old 09-03-2014, 03:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,310 times
Default maybe

that was my Grandpa and uncle. i will have to look- my mom might have some
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: