Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:27 PM

2 posts, read 10,281 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm considering a move to Hot Springs, but I'm wondering about employment (I'm in healthcare) and also the commute to Little Rock. Do folks commute for work? I'd like to live in Hot Springs but I've noticed there are some things I would like to do that are only in Little Rock. Just trying to get a feel for the place.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 11:30 PM

288 posts, read 1,079,905 times
Little Rock is an easy 1 hour drive from Hot Springs, but I doubt many commute that far.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:51 PM

989 posts, read 2,441,718 times
I know several EMTs in Hot Springs that commute to Little Rock. So to answer your question, yes. Little Rock is close by, easy to get to, only an hour drive or so if you want to just go for fun.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:13 AM

2 posts, read 7,616 times
benton is a bit closer and is really a part of little rock now.
Hot springs is slowing down but so is the whole country.
I have many relitives I keep in contact with across the country and they are all saying things are slowing down.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:02 PM

2 posts, read 10,281 times
Default Thanks so much!

These posts are very helpful. I appreciate it. I'm hoping to visit end of Winter/Spring so I will take the drive myself.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:41 PM

155 posts, read 662,407 times
Whats the scoop on hot springs? I talked to a girl from work that moved from there and she said it had a lot of "rough" spots with some crack heads...?

Old 09-03-2007, 11:38 PM

989 posts, read 2,441,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matto View Post
Whats the scoop on hot springs? I talked to a girl from work that moved from there and she said it had a lot of "rough" spots with some crack heads...?

LoL. Nah, there aren't many places that are "rough" in the sense that your life is in danger just by being there. It's a small town, you can go and do most things without being in danger. I'm not sure about crack, I think meth is kinda big there, but really it is big all over the country right now.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:44 AM

140 posts, read 475,318 times
Default FOr HEalth Care Jobs and NICe Community

Having come from a BIg City lived in the NO Central Arkansas area, i would take a good look at Mountain Home area they have a Regional Hospital and a State University there. The housing is still reasonable, good place to raise a family with good schools. The other area is the Fayetteville area is booming, the whole state slowed on home sales, but prices are holding there own. Look up crime rates where ever you move then ask around to be sure . Arkansas has a constant growth rate, it offers good Air, water, and Wildlife, its the Natural State. Best OF luck.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:26 AM

15 posts, read 50,101 times
Thumbs down Be Careful!

BE WARNED BEFORE YOU MOVE TO HOT SPRINGS ARKANSAS ! ! ! Workers will be pleasantly reassured to know that they canfind that a job can be found here in Hot Springs the very next day! Also Hot Springs is proabably one of the friendliest little towns you will ever step foot in - BUT BE WARNED! The kindness and frienliness in this town comes with a high price tag attached! You can also find a place to rent anywhere here the next day. COMMUTE NOT A PROBLEM! The problem is when you live here in Hot Springs, you've got to be someone important. If youre planning on comming here to work at Wal-mart the Motels, or Fast food or Production don't bother coming here at all! The workers will treat you like **** if you come from out of state! Moreover when you do shop at Walmart or get somethihg to eat after a prolonged period of time they soon discover that you are not a tourist! This is when your social statous declines consideraby. But for the most part the post offices and banks will treat you with respect as will most of the upper upper shopping places (office depo). BE WARNED ALSO that if you are poor, or black you will probably get yelled at without remorse if you are found walking in hot springs with work clothes or a bag. Heck, I foud a part-time job simply because I was white when they saw that poor black fellow come in. Also be warned that when you do find a place to rent never pay for your rent in advanced! Some of these renters (unless you live on lake hamleton) don't care about your lease agreements. On the upside if your rich you will do fine here in Hot Springs. Arkansas is one of the most prettiest states in the whole country as is the town of Hot Springs. Well, I guess that's all I have to say but before you move here to Arkansas consider camping here for a month just to see the pros and cons before hand!

Old 10-30-2007, 10:48 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
You know, it's one thing to share a personal bad experience. It's another to depict an entire city, region or state as being responsible for that bad experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas