Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 09:50 AM

3 posts, read 10,052 times

Advertisements

My family will be camping at DeGray's Weekend of Oct 23rd and I was wondering what are some things that we should do for entertainment? We have a 7month old so that may limit some things, but I was wondering if the hiking was a good thing to do there. I see on the website they have 2 trails but Im assumming that there are more place to journey too. Also is renting a canoe something worth doing or is the lake to big? Any other suggestions at DeGray or near by would be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 06:19 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,993,268 times
Its a big ole lake so it really depends on how much you want to canoe. You don't have to go clear across the lake to enjoy it.

They have a horse trail with a stable and horses. If you and the trail guide are comfortable with a 7mo old on a horse that would be fun. The horses will just walk along. I'm not sure if the trail guide even allows you to go faster than a walk.
Horse Riding at Lake DeGray State Park in Hot Spring, AR.

Mountain lake resort: Degray Lake State Park, Arkansas

Well I read those sites over a couple of times and I guess they don't like anyone under 2yrs on the horses...oh well. The park still has lots of other guided activities.

Last edited by J Arp; 09-11-2009 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: blah

Old 09-15-2009, 05:50 PM

807 posts, read 2,515,647 times
Degray is a nice lake,but it tends to be overrun with Texans.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:10 PM

32 posts, read 104,859 times
Fishing & relaxing.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:52 PM

41 posts, read 153,755 times
The State Park may be having Eagle Watching tours by then. Their web site will have all the details.
Remember at Degray things are divided between the Corp of Engineers, The Arkansas State System and the private Iron Mountain Lodge and Marina. You can rent just about any kind of boat. The Corps. Iron Mountain Camping area on the south side of the lake probably has the best camp sites but just take a few and ride around both sides of the lake. The State Park area on the North side has good campsites also. There is the horseback riding and a nice golf course at the State Park along with a restaurant overlooking the lake. Just Google Degray Lake and you will see it all.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:10 PM

2 posts, read 4,340 times
love it me and my family go often, but we are not campers we like to stay in the hotel on the resort...

Old 09-29-2009, 09:17 AM

776 posts, read 1,275,642 times
Enjoy the scenic views and fresh air. Maybe do a little fishing while you’re there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas