Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 04:19 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,813,278 times

Advertisements

With Bill and Hillary Clinton having been residents of New York State for over a decade and their political contemporaries in Arkansas out of office, can it be said their influence in the state has waned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 04:55 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
With Bill and Hillary Clinton having been residents of New York State for over a decade and their political contemporaries in Arkansas out of office, can it be said their influence in the state has waned?
Oh, certainly it has. both of them were here campaigning for Democrats and it got them nowhere. Yes, the crowds were large, old fans from way back, but basically AR isn't the AR that elected Bill. A lot think if Hillary is the nominee she may not be able to carry the state. Even a few Dems have said that.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:50 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,210,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Most certainly. Hillary is a Chicago Burber, and don't ever forget that. The best thing they could do for the GOP is to run her in the primary.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:33 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
Most certainly. Hillary is a Chicago Burber, and don't ever forget that. The best thing they could do for the GOP is to run her in the primary.
I don't think it much matters who the Democratic Party runs in the primary. Arkansas politics are going the way of Oklahoma politics.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:26 PM

112 posts, read 173,300 times
Is that to the Right DC?

Old 11-10-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. DarcyJones View Post
Is that to the Right DC?
Very very much so. The first time since reconstruction all our representatives and both senators are Republican as is our newly elected governor and most other state held offices. For the most part not only id the Republicans wins, but the races thought to be close by both sides were anything but.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:16 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
Having lived in the southern part and the northwest Arkansas for 40 years, I never thought they had much influence, at least not with folks I knew. Always thought Bill was a nice guy, couldn't stand Hillary. No one I knew liked her.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Having lived in the southern part and the northwest Arkansas for 40 years, I never thought they had much influence, at least not with folks I knew. Always thought Bill was a nice guy, couldn't stand Hillary. No one I knew liked her.
That is pretty much what we hear from people who have lived here for generations or decades at least.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:41 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh, certainly it has. both of them were here campaigning for Democrats and it got them nowhere. Yes, the crowds were large, old fans from way back, but basically AR isn't the AR that elected Bill. A lot think if Hillary is the nominee she may not be able to carry the state. Even a few Dems have said that.
Funny you said that.. because Hillary denies Wal-Mart as well, although she was on the board in the 90's. I remember those days. Some of us actually remember when Roger C would get kicked out of several places on the square ( Dickson) for doing cocaine on the tables. That's right, he forgot that it was illegal. He thought he was entitled but he was just confused.

Edit: I am not quite that old to remember Roger doing coke on the tables but I am close encounter with a few business people that are 15-20 years my senior that absolutely know) It was really not a huge deal back then, everyone just had to politely tell him "no" and few had to take aggression.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 11-19-2014 at 04:51 PM..

Old 11-19-2014, 04:55 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Wal-Mart needed Bill for the airport, was the deal. Alice W.. ( right this minute) is pushing for Southwest Airlines to get here. Gawd knows we need it. Bill was also a Hutchinson for 20 years here. The joke about that is no one here voted for him.. but he won it every time. He never won Washington county that I know of. I swear to God, I asked everyone I knew if they voted for Bill and they all said "no". ( year after year) They were probably lying to me... but he never won Washington County

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 11-19-2014 at 05:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas