Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 02:09 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Relator.com has been pretty helpful. I find it amusing, and somewhat frustrating, how little information the listing have on each house.

I am looking for any place that has a little space around it, propane, at least one outbuilding and something resembling a cellar or basement.

For instance, on missing information, at least a couple of listings, the propane tank was plainly visible in the photos, and there was at least one item in the house that runs on gas, but propane was not listed.

Do the agents generally have a lot more info on the property, but just put up what they think people will be interested in, or am I asking questions no one else looks at?
Realtor.com may not have all those details. Agents MLS would though. For instance, if a home uses propane for at least one form of heat, it will list it (i.e. wood & propane) as the heat source. Realtor.com pulls it's info from our MLS but not all the info gets transferred the same. Almost all homes in north central AR that aren't in the middle of town are going to use propane as a heat source though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 03:04 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Realtor.com may not have all those details. Agents MLS would though. For instance, if a home uses propane for at least one form of heat, it will list it (i.e. wood & propane) as the heat source. Realtor.com pulls it's info from our MLS but not all the info gets transferred the same. Almost all homes in north central AR that aren't in the middle of town are going to use propane as a heat source though.
OK, I didn't know it was automated. That explains a lot. I have been in computers for 40 years, and most of the automatic systems I have dealt with were less than perfect.

The biggest problem I am having other than that isn't directly related to Realtor. - LoL - The addresses often don't show up in the right place in Bing, MapQuest, or Google. I have been warned by others, though, that translating addresses into those systems is, shall we say, less than precise

I guess I will be finding out more after I begin to contact the Real Estate Agents, directly.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:09 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
OK, I didn't know it was automated. That explains a lot. I have been in computers for 40 years, and most of the automatic systems I have dealt with were less than perfect.

The biggest problem I am having other than that isn't directly related to Realtor. - LoL - The addresses often don't show up in the right place in Bing, MapQuest, or Google. I have been warned by others, though, that translating addresses into those systems is, shall we say, less than precise

I guess I will be finding out more after I begin to contact the Real Estate Agents, directly.
It is all automated. We input the info into our MLS systems and hundreds of sites pull from it right away and we have no control of how it shows up on most sites. The best thing to do is to find an agent in the area you are looking and they can provide you more accurate info including maps. Many of our listings around here are not GPS'able and we manually locate them on the maps for our MLS but most of the big real estate sites attempt to look it up by address, which is a huge fail for many remote areas.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:40 PM

Thanks, I figure I got about 5 more days of on line work to do, before directly contacting any agents.
(Unless I see that I have overlooked something.)

Old 09-17-2017, 06:43 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,581,794 times
Hi there, I hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but I'm looking at some property (raw land) near the "town" of Snowball. Does anyone know if Snowball has a gas station or grocery store, I know it won't have a supermarket, but just somewhere to buy some groceries and 7-11 type things?

Also, the land advert says "no restrictions". My wife and I are avid shooters and would like to use a hillside for a berm to shoot against. Is this legal in Arkansas? It doesn't seem like there are any close neighbors, but I will not be able to view the property until sometime in the next couple of weeks to verify.

How accepting are the locals of "come here"? I previously lived in Springfield Mo for 16 years, so am not totally stupid about the area.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:54 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,361,632 times
Searcy County.....Welcome to the land that time forgot. Snowball was nothing more than a wide spot in the road, a junction of 2 roads when I was there in the 70's....chances are that nothing has changed. Do you intend to live there ?

You should nave no problems with your shooting hobby.

Snowball

Best of luck
Gemstone1

Old 09-18-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
Searcy County.....Welcome to the land that time forgot. Snowball was nothing more than a wide spot in the road, a junction of 2 roads when I was there in the 70's....chances are that nothing has changed. Do you intend to live there ?

You should nave no problems with your shooting hobby.

Snowball

Best of luck
Gemstone1
Thanks for the info!

Not sure if we would live there, even if we do, it probably wouldn't be full time, perhaps the winters only. It would kind of depend on whether we could run power to the property and if the water table would allow a well. Otherwise it would just be a place to bring our camper to hand out in part of the year.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:47 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,361,632 times
"Otherwise it would just be a place to bring our camper to hand out in part of the year"...."campers" are usually designed for a water/power/sewer hookups.....or have you not yet reached that stage in your planning ? RV boondocking on BLM land around Quartzsite AZ would be a lot closer and with better winter weather.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:41 AM

We would still like to own a property where there is some water available, which is why we were looking in Arkansas and Missouri in the first place. And I have friends in Springfield from when I lived there before so this wouldn't be so far for visits. And lastly, having lived in the desert for over 20 years, spending time in Quartzsite doesn't have much allure for me, sometimes you want to look at something other than rocks and cactus.

Old 10-07-2017, 05:32 PM

I got back from looking at some properties, there in AR, and found the area nice, but the market just a bit richer than I thought it would be....
So, I guess the next step I need to take it get an appraisal on my current home, so I have a better idea just how much I can really afford on my next one.

I am wondering if I should ask a real estate agent to recommend an Appraiser?
or is there someone else I should ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas