Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 07:20 PM

27 posts, read 52,135 times

Advertisements

After the military, I would like to move out of California.

I want a slow life. THE slow life.

-Hick Town (One to two gas stations)
-Dirt Road
-Needs to have pride in their local High School football team. (with Rival School)
-Post office
-Diner
-Grocery & Convieneince store.

Trying to get out of this rat race for good.
I would like to find a fairly small house or I could just live out of a mobile home.

With ma dog.

Doesn't matter to me.

ANY suggestions at all, let me know please.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 07:30 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,170,272 times
lmao

Old 10-19-2010, 08:51 PM

731 posts, read 1,367,580 times
Maybe North Dakota since that would be considered midwest; Arkansas is in the South.

The Inland Empire would fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodoHeard View Post

-Dirt Road
-Needs to have pride in their local High School football team. (with Rival School)
-Post office
-Diner

I would like to find a fairly small house or I could just live out of a mobile home.

With ma dog.

Doesn't matter to me.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:17 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,859,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodoHeard View Post

-Dirt Road
-Post office
-Diner

With ma dog.

Doesn't matter to me.

Yeah, Arkansas is very much the south, but what you're looking for can very easily be found there. You don't sound like you'll be bragging about Cali all the time, so there's a plus.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:48 PM

288 posts, read 1,079,602 times
Jessieville AR... a couple of gas stations, a decent burger joint, a Post Office, a school, and not much else. Lake Ouachita is nearby, Hot Springs is 25 miles if needed, and lots of nothing West, East, and North.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
I would suggest, if you want to be in the rural atmosphere but not too far from the city life, someplace like Huntsville. 2000 people, country as country gets, a couple good diners, a nice grocery store (even if my granddaughters X mom owns it) nice people, certainly football pround.

In fact you can go almost anywhere in AR and get what you want. Gravette is another place, it is perfect and yes, they not only are football proud but have a great team.

As people have said, AR is south, NWA, is AR but feels more mid western as it is on the MO border and many people here are from Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska.

Nita

Old 10-20-2010, 07:09 PM

119 posts, read 346,101 times
One thing OP, any town most anywhere in the US with grocery stores, diners, convenience stores, a post office, and its own high school is not going to be made up of dirt roads.

Once you get a few minutes past the town border, you'll be fine.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:16 PM

731 posts, read 1,367,580 times
Muskogee, Oklahoma, USA would be a good match and a short drive from NW Arkansas.

They don't wear Roman sandles in Muskogee, and white lightning is still the greatest thrill of all.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:32 PM

697 posts, read 1,774,767 times
There are towns in virtually any state that meet his description, aside from the dirt roads. (Even some of the smallest old farm towns in SE Arkansas don't have that.) He's posted this question in a lot of different threads looking for a new place, and although a bit facetious in his original wording, I think there are a number of nice little towns in AR (or any number of states, the area of Iowa I used to live in was full of little towns that fit his general description) that might meet his small-town/rural desire for relocation.
Some thoughts that are still near civilization (all are Arkansas cities):
Lincoln
Prairie Grove
Elkins
West Fork
Gravette
Yellville
Flippin
Lonoke
Vilonia

Others that aren't quite as close to more substantial towns/cities:
Hamburg
Dumas
McGehee
Jasper
De Queen
Perryville
Hardy
Marshall

Anyway, that's a few, but there are probably dozens of places that he'd be happy with.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:49 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,159,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
Muskogee, Oklahoma, USA would be a good match and a short drive from NW Arkansas.

They don't wear Roman sandles in Muskogee, and white lightning is still the greatest thrill of all.
Thanks, Merle. Now, I believe I'll have some Bubble Up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas