Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 03:51 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,793,911 times

Advertisements

TRex2 said “From a survivalist stand point, I think a population density of 60 people per sq mile is about optimum.”

I can’t recall you ever making this statement before. Would you like to expound on the subject for a bit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 05:02 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,639,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
TRex2 said “From a survivalist stand point, I think a population density of 60 people per sq mile is about optimum.”
I can’t recall you ever making this statement before. Would you like to expound on the subject for a bit?
Only once, publicly, that I can recall, and that was back in 2020.

This is primarily my opinion, but based on mathematics. And it is based on conditions in the Midwest. Wouldn't work in desert climate. I began thinking about this, when I read "One Second After," and saw the town's people ate everything in about a 10 mile radius, in just a few months. Population density were that story occurred was about 300 per sq mile.

Too few leaves you with the problem of how to secure the area: you wouldn't have enough for "the common defense." Also, should someone get sick or hurt, a few months after the collapse, you are more likely to have resources on hand if there are quite a few of you. For instance, I only stock pharmaceuticals for two, and both of us got sick in Dec. But I have a neighbor two or three houses down, that didn't get sick, so his stuff should still be there. Each of us can look out for the others. (Something totally foreign to people in Urban Areas, and some rural areas that have forsaken the Lord.)

Old 01-27-2022, 12:54 PM

18 posts, read 19,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Well, you don't give any specifics, so there may be a few quesions:

Where do you live now?
(Inner city, Houston, Miami, Los Angles, small city, Mayberry, suburb, etc)

Do you have a rural background?
From how long ago?

How much land is "lots of land" and what do you consider a "reasonable price?"

In my world, there is no such thing as "no neighbors."
Wherever you live, the ten families closest to you are your neighbors.
They might be 10 miles apart, or like one fiend of mine
said: "a neighbor is someone who shares a wall."

From a survivalist stand point, I think a population density of 60 people per sq mile is about optimum.
From a cost of living standpoint, I think the optimum is closer to 300 per sq mile.

I live in Brooklyn, NY. I just temporarily moved back. I've been away for 5 years: 8 months in NC and the last 4 years in the Caribbean. I really do not want to be in the US (although born and raised in Bklyn). But it appears that the Lord has other plans.

Many people mentioned Alaska, which made me chuckle because that is where my 13-year-old son would like to live. Alaska would be fine by me but my husband is not a fan. He is from the deep South.

Lots of land means no neighbors at least not in earshot or within my view. Things have become so expensive everywhere that I no longer know what a "reasonable price" is.

Thank you so much for your response and please excuse my tardiness.

PS. I paid $70 for a $16 piece bucket of KFC with 2 large sides (no beverages) from Door Dash. Insane!!!
I had a coupon code for $40 that's the only reason why I made the purchase. SMH
The violence, the empty shelves, the people being pushed off of the subway platform for sport, the prices, the supply shortages. I am in culture shock. I do not know where I am anymore.

Old 01-27-2022, 02:38 PM

Well, if you can live with just a little bit of seeing and hearing other people, there are plenty of places in AR. The area where Hollynla said, is good, and you can also add Izard, Independence, and Jackson counties to that.

As she said, though, prices are a bit high, since there seems to be about 10,000 others with the same idea you have. I know, from where my children live, you don't have to own a lot of land, just be on the other side of the field or pasture from everyone else, so you might want to think about that, too.

(PS: don't worry about "tardy" as long as you come back. Some are never seen again.)

Old 07-08-2022, 10:47 AM

18 posts, read 19,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeOfRedundancy View Post
After two years of being in lockdown anti-social mode, I can relate to your desires. Not looking forward to returning to life. One thing I can suggest, there are other countries/cultures where people have compassion and depth, unlike where I am now.
I just returned a year ago from living abroad for the past 4 years. There is no where to go in the states. However, since, I am not a citizen of anywhere else I feel I have to have one foot in the door. At the end of the day, whether you believe it or not, it's not your will but the Lord's will will be done.

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
Luke 22:42

My will is to never step foot in the US again, especially NY. This is worse than a 3rd world country, which is where I just moved from. However, circumstances have always given me no other alternative. It's not circumstances but it's the Lord. What can I do but pray to get through another day. I am the little, kicking, screaming, crying child, who does not want to go with his mother but has no choice. So, here I am.

The Lord is in control. He got me out of NY on June 30, 2011. A few days I got married and a few months late. I think you all know what happened. (911)

In 2003, he moved us out of Louisiana and 2 years later, I think you all know what happened over there.
(Hurricane Katrina)

I'm grateful but am not patient which is sin on my part. Anyway, I hope this brought some comfort to someone reading this and hope. On the brighter side, today makes one day less that you will be in the place where you no longer wish to be.

Air hugs and kisses to all.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklyn#1 View Post
...At the end of the day, whether you believe it or not, it's not your will but the Lord's will will be done.

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
Luke 22:42

The Lord is in control. He got me out of NY on June 30, 2001. A few days I got married and a few months later, I think you all know what happened. (911)

In 2003, he moved us out of Louisiana and 2 years later, I think you all know what happened over there.
(Hurricane Katrina)
I edited a couple things you wrote, where I think you made a typo.
I wouldn't have bothered, but it may have confused some people.

----------
Thank God, you are not allergic to the Bible, as so many seem to be, today.

I think you are wrong about no where to go in the US.

Maybe a listen or two from Jason Aldean's "Flyover States" is in order ?
https://youtu.be/4ToT1Tmq_NQ

There is a movement, has been going on for years, among our people, to Come Out Of Her My People.
We even have an acronym for it: COOHMP.

I will DM you a couple more youtube links to discussions of it, you can watch them if you decide you like the idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas