Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2023, 10:35 AM

8 posts, read 10,430 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

My husband has a job offer either in Cassville, MO or Ava, MO--Both are unfamiliar to us, although I did spend some years in my childhood in Springfield, MO so I know some things about that area (or at least that area in the 90's.) We visited Eureka Springs a couple years ago and found it to be charming, so I thought--with the Cassvile job--we could possibly commute from ES. It seemed tourist-y so I wondered what people thought about living there.

What I would love to hear about from the locals are the general impressions of living in the area? Pro's and cons? We have a college-aged son and a kindergarten-aged son. Any thoughts about the elementary schools around there or jr colleges would be great to know. Any and all POV's welcome... Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2023, 03:49 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,748,785 times
Eureka Springs is a tourist trap and pretty isolated. Kind of neat, but doesn't strike me as a place to live. The commute from there to anywhere would get tiring and tedious in my opinion.

Cassville seems a little nicer than Ava. Similar in size but offers slightly more.
In either one, you're going to Springfield (and/or NWA for Cassville) if you need much more than what Walmart offers or for any decent level of healthcare. Expect an hour's drive give or take.
Cassville has the advantage of being about halfway between those two larger areas.
Ava is deeper into the hills but has a good, fairly straight highway in and out of it unlike Eureka Springs.
Pro's are that they're pretty cheap places to live. Safe enough. Good area if you like hunting and fishing.
Con's: not much to do. There is a bit of a drug problem, but not terribly hard to avoid.

Old 06-13-2023, 07:39 PM

1,600 posts, read 864,677 times
I would live in Cassville or just outside. Eureka is fun to visit but the roads get extremely curvy and it would not be a fun commute in my opinion. I personally value being able to get places quickly, and from Cassville you could be shopping at the Pinnacle in Rogers, AR in just over 45 minutes. HWY 37 coming south out of Cassville is a decent road, and AR has made improvements to HWY 62 going into Rogers. The south side of Springfield, MO would actually be 30 minutes further away.

Getting to I49 through Neosho would be relatively easy as well if you need to go north to say, Kansas City.

As for schools, I don't know anything about Cassville public schools, but Crowder College in Neosho has always had a good reputation and I've known several people that got Associate degrees there. NWACC in Bentonville is also a good option.

Old 06-20-2023, 01:58 PM

8,923 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Eureka Springs is a tourist trap and pretty isolated. Kind of neat, but doesn't strike me as a place to live. The commute from there to anywhere would get tiring and tedious in my opinion.
Eureka Springs is also having trouble with not enough housing that is affordable for working class people, so a lot of workers commune into ES from other towns. And they don't really have a lot of land to build on, so I don't expect this to change any time soon.

Old 06-27-2023, 01:30 PM

8 posts, read 10,430 times
Appreciate the input! Yeah, I noticed properties/houses are so expensive in ES, yet they don't seem to sell quickly either. I just want to live in a town that's kinda fun, but yet close to quiet and rural-- ES seems to kinda fit. Husband is willing to drive 30--40 mins to and from work. Maybe halfway between Cassville and Branson could be a good spot? Thanks for chiming in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas