Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 10:08 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,751,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingMrSmith4ever View Post
Just see her when she gets to be in the US if you still have that interest with her by that time. My husband flew all the way from Phoenix to Philippines when he first met me. Money and US citizenship are not always the reasons why people fall for an American guy. Most of the time it is all about love, this is a lifetime commitment and it can't be treated like one person is an object to uplift the other. Despite of all the negative connotations regu Filipina women being a scammer, I am proud to say that I had a very descent wedding of our choice wherein I paid half of all of it to share with my husband. I love him very much and I never want anything to be an issue between us. Here in the Philippines, once you have found a Filipina who is educated and has an established work like the one i have, you don't really have to worry about being penniless after. We are very hardworking by nature, compassionate, loving and respectful. . As to date, my husband is stil not complaining why he married me.. LOL.

OP, do remember that Filipina women value relationships much, so see that girl's heart and start from there..

Goodl uck..
On the other hand, Filipinas should be cautious too.
I'm not trying to offend the OP but often times, if someone wants to date/marry a foreigner he has never seen, there must be a reason behind it.

Personally I know a Shanghainese woman. She looked good and had her own business in China. For some reason, however, she married an American and followed him to the US. The man does not have a college degree and cannot hold any stable job. They are already in their 40s now but still live in the man's mother's house.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:54 AM

47 posts, read 230,138 times
Quote:
Just see her when she gets to be in the US if you still have that interest with her by that time. My husband flew all the way from Phoenix to Philippines when he first met me. Money and US citizenship are not always the reasons why people fall for an American guy. Most of the time it is all about love, this is a lifetime commitment and it can't be treated like one person is an object to uplift the other. Despite of all the negative connotations regarding Filipina women being a scammer, I am proud to say that I had a very descent wedding of our choice wherein I paid half of all of it to share with my husband. I love him very much and I never want anything to be an issue between us. Here in the Philippines, once you have found a Filipina who is educated and has an established work like the one i have, you don't really have to worry about being penniless after. We are very hardworking by nature, compassionate, loving and respectful. . As to date, my husband is stil not complaining why he married me.. LOL.

OP, do remember that Filipina women value relationships much, so see that girl's heart and start from there..

Goodluck...
Thank you LovingMrSmith4ever,
I have some additional questions if you don't mind. I have set up a profile on a website specifically for meeting Filipinas. I have not paid to become a full member because I am trying to gauge if it's going to be potentially worth it for me.

1.)I notice I get a lot of interests from Filipinas around 20-25 range. I do get it from a wide range but I noticed the much younger ages. It seems acceptable in the Filipino culture and so I am wondering why the younger ladies seem to like us older guys? I am just overall curious about the big age gap.

2.)I noticed a lot of the Filipinas say in their profile "simple". What is the message they are trying to convey to us by stating they are simple?

3.) I also noticed some say in their profile that they're not pretty. Why?

4.)I am under the impression that Filipinas in general don't seem to be too hung up on a man's looks. For an example, I'm black and maybe some women here in the US will judge my looks based on somebody like Denzel Washington, so since I don't look like him I may not be appealing to some women here. My question here is it true that Filipinas in general don't care too much if at all how a man looks? Why or why not?

5.) It appears that Filipinas are more straight forward (not sure of the correct wording) but almost as if once a guy finds one that he's interested in and they communicate and get to know each other over a few months, then when he flies over to the Philippines to meet her for the first time there is some expectation that she will want him to marry her. Over here in the US, that whole process takes a lot of time, possibly over 3 years (maybe) on average. Is any part of this accurate? What is the sense of urgency? How successful can the marriage be if they only been getting to know each other for about a year?

Lastly, any additional advice you wish to give as relates to me using the Filipina dating site. For an example, potential questions to ask that will help me to weed out any of the potential undesirables?

Thank you again LovingMrSmith4ever!

Last edited by USARMYVET; 10-31-2013 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: I left off a letter in one of my words.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:51 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARMYVET View Post
Thank you LovingMrSmith4ever,
I have some additional questions if you don't mind. I have set up a profile on a website specifically for meeting Filipinas. I have not paid to become a full member because I am trying to gauge if it's going to be potentially worth it for me.

1.)I notice I get a lot of interests from Filipinas around 20-25 range. I do get it from a wide range but I noticed the much younger ages. It seems acceptable in the Filipino culture and so I am wondering why the younger ladies seem to like us older guys? I am just overall curious about the big age gap.

2.)I noticed a lot of the Filipinas say in their profile "simple". What is the message they are trying to convey to us by stating they are simple?

4.)I am under the impression that Filipinas in general don't seem to be too hung up on a man's looks. For an example, I'm black and maybe some women here in the US will judge my looks based on somebody like Denzel Washington, so since I don't look like him I may not be appealing to some women here. My question here is it true that Filipinas in general don't care too much if at all how a man looks? Why or why not?

5.) It appears that Filipinas are more straight forward (not sure of the correct wording) but almost as if once a guy finds one that he's interested in and they communicate and get to know each other over a few months, then when he flies over to the Philippines to meet her for the first time there is some expectation that she will want him to marry her. Over here in the US, that whole process takes a lot of time, possibly over 3 years (maybe) on average. Is any part of this accurate? What is the sense of urgency? How successful can the marriage be if they only been getting to know each other for about a year?

Lastly, any additional advice you wish to give as relates to me using the Filipina dating site. For an example, potential questions to ask that will help me to weed out any of the potential undesirables?

Thank you again LovingMrSmith4ever!
I thought you like this Filipina and you are already considering something more serious with her if it will eventually lead into something, so why are you still going to dating sites to look for other Filipinas ?

I can't speak for everyone but I met a Canadian some years ago in the chatroom and after months of exchanging emails ( but without anything romantic ) he came to the Philippines to meet me. I was not expecting anything from him, marriage was far from my mind and all I ever wanted was to meet him, a person I only met on the net who was from the other side of the world. Well, we were just friends and we never talked about anything romantic but it was flattering that though we were just friends, he really went out of his way to meet me. So what I am saying is not everyone expects marriage but of course it is different if it is from
A dating site. Usually the ones who are using paid dating sites are usually the ones who are already in the stage of wanting to settle down.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I thought you like this Filipina and you are already considering something more serious with her if it will eventually lead into something, so why are you still going to dating sites to look for other Filipinas ?

I can't speak for everyone but I met a Canadian some years ago in the chatroom and after months of exchanging emails ( but without anything romantic ) he came to the Philippines to meet me. I was not expecting anything from him, marriage was far from my mind and all I ever wanted was to meet him, a person I only met on the net who was from the other side of the world. Well, we were just friends and we never talked about anything romantic but it was flattering that though we were just friends, he really went out of his way to meet me. So what I am saying is not everyone expects marriage but of course it is different if it is from
A dating site. Usually the ones who are using paid dating sites are usually the ones who are already in the stage of wanting to settle down.
Hermosaa, yes I do like her very much. I had already set up my profile on the dating site prior to meeting her online. I don't have a full membership since I did not pay the membership fee. In short, my plan is to leave my profile intact until I see where if anyplace this might go. If I delete my profile now and we don't end up being on the same page then I don't have to go through setting it back up again. I met her online but not through a dating site. I will also say that I don't know where she is coming from since she isn't broadcasting it to me in a direct manner.

If I find out from her that she likes me in a more than a friend kind of way, then I will remove my profile.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:53 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARMYVET View Post

1) I've generally noticed when it comes to meeting white men, really don't care the age of the white man. It seems like Filipinas just love the idea of mixed babies, and Filipino celebrities are often mixed kids - everyone is half-something, if they are on Filipino TV. (Just read in (4) that you are black. There are some famous black mixed kids too, Black Eyes Peas guy is half black american and half filipino). Mixed Korean/FIlipina or mixed Japanese/Filipino is equally as popular, on and on.

So, my guess is that even a 20-year-old would marry a 70-year-old american guy, just for the mixed kids and family and such. I think if the old AMerican dude is unwilling to give them kids though, that could be a serious problem for the relationship. Filipinas seem to want the family, and are very family-oriented as well.

Having it work out with a 20-year-old might very well work out if the old American guy is living in the Philippines, and can resist the temptation not to want to mate with every girl they see. But if the old american dude brings back a 20-year-old girl, that same 20-year-old will probably pick up on the vibe that it is completely unacceptable in American culture, and a divorce might be coming down the road later. Especially when they see the dating possibilities for them in the U.S. as a 20-year-old Asian woman.

In short, if you are yourself an older man, you are better off marrying a Filipina who is at least 30 or even 35, the older they are, the more success you have of having more in common, and she'll have enough other experiences that she'll just want to settle down, etc.

2) "Simple" means they have almost no other interests besides cooking, sleeping, watching tv, and that's about it. Usually uneducated, and wouldn't be able to deal with you if you are a type that needs a little intellectual conversation from time to time.

3) If they say they are not pretty, it's because they don't think they are. One reason is darker skin. White guys often like darker skinned (or tanned) Asian girls, but Asian guys generally only want white skin. Usually I find that dark-skinned asian women are quick to label themselves as not pretty. But, maybe just simply aren't pretty, in general, as well. That one could vary quite a bit.

4) Appearances. Filipinos really have ZERO concept of what is attractive in the West. I've seen some very attractive Filipina women interested in some very very ugly old fat, least attractive of the very least attractive american guys you'll ever see in your life.

My gut-feeling deep down is that Asian women in general look into the heart and soul, and see way beyond the physical apperances. Another deep down in the gut feeling too is that if the same ugly fat weird old dude was a Filipino man, they'd have no interest in him whatsoever for romantic interests. But, if the guy is an American, than it's a completely different story altogether. They are also looking for that 'family' with a provider, and that old fat ugly no-one-wants in America American, might work out good for that filipina. (As an aside, it's interesting how some of these loser american guys come to the Philippines and live a George Clooney lifestyle though!)

5) The Filipinas looking for marriage-minded guys would go tomorrow if someone promises them marriage. The courting wouldn't take long, it's basically up to the guy. However, the guy should use some screening for this, as there are Filipinas who are marrying guys they can't stand, or dont really like. You might also get more than you bargained for. The biggest issue is MONEY though. Most Filipinas assume that AMericans are walking ATM machines, and most Filipinas will be in shock when they arrive in the U.S., and see they still have to budget, live modest, etc. Many Filipinas CAN DO this, and do work hard. But some might have some serious misconceptions and be in for a shock to see their misconception was a wrong one. The best thing to counter this is to NEVER try to demonstrate or pretend that you have more money than you actually do.

ADDITIONAL) In general, it is VERY easy to find a marriage-minded Filipina. Very, very, very easy. Generally speaking, most MEN, once they find out how easy it is, end up reliving their youth by being a superstar in the Philippines dating left and right.

So, this type of stuff makes it very hard on the Filipinas who really are looking for a faithful husband and such, as they watch the person visiting them in the Philippines, who also added 5-6 other marriage-material girls to see on his marriage-minded itenarary, and on and on. It can be a vicious cycle.

It's also not uncommon to see the types of American/EUropean men who make it a lifestyle to date, marry and bring back, than divorced. Go again, and date, marry, and divorce, over and over. Usually the same guys that add 5-7 other girls to meet their marriage-minded Filipinas tour.

In short, the Filipina has just as much risk as the American/European. But, for whatever reason, there is always another American/European ready to make the plunge, and always another Filipina around the corner willing to join him, regardless of the age difference, on and on.

In short, ANY filipina would be thrilled to meet a marriage-minded and serious American guy. ABsolutely happy and thrilled. Just be careful not to let them down by exploiting that by dating dozens of them, or thinking they are less of a person than they are, because of it. It's super easy for American men to date, or marry, or just sleep around with Filipinas. Which is what makes it very hard for FIlipinas who want to give their heart and soul to the person, and get married, and settled down, on and on.

ANother plus for you is you are an ARmy Vet. Filipinas, in general, absolutely adore and love American military guys, and since you are a retired one, you'll have a stable income. AN even bigger plus for a Filipina.

I dont know if I should even mention it or not, but there are a few former US military base areas in the PHilippines where many US army guys basically never left. They just retired and live out their retirement income from the military in these prostitute areas. ANgeles City being one of the most famous. Horrible place to look for marriage, but a popular place for former US military guys to date and sleep with go-go girls and everything else. Just a note though, Angeles City or other places like it, are NOT reflective of all Filipinas though. Many american/european men seem to make a B-LINE directly for places like AC, and than leave the Philippines thinking the entire country is filled with only those types of girls. It's only a small subculture of the population, and very specific to just a few areas. But, thought I'd mention it anyways. It's only a matter of time, for anyone interested in girls and the Philippines, to get it in their head that Angeles City is the place to go for that.

The reality is that you can meet Filipina women ANYWHERE in the Philippines super easy. ANd you can meet all the marriage-minded ones all over the country! Not to say that the prostitues in places like Angeles City aren't marriage minded too, as they will be as well, but those marriages have the highest hurdles in every conceivable way of working out. So, just AVOID any profile whatsoever of any girl whose location is Angeles City. If she lives there, it's a very high chance she's involved in prostitution as well.

Anyways, you have a lot of research ahead of you, for sure!

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 10-31-2013 at 04:12 PM..

Old 10-31-2013, 05:00 PM

63 posts, read 92,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
On the other hand, Filipinas should be cautious too.
I'm not trying to offend the OP but often times, if someone wants to date/marry a foreigner he has never seen, there must be a reason behind it.

Personally I know a Shanghainese woman. She looked good and had her own business in China. For some reason, however, she married an American and followed him to the US. The man does not have a college degree and cannot hold any stable job. They are already in their 40s now but still live in the man's mother's house.
Yeah, this is something that most Filipina should also be doing. Be extra CAUTIOUS... they have to remind themselves that not because they are foreigner be it a European, American, etc doesn't mean they are rich and stable. I've seen some women I met in the US embassy who don't really know their soon to be husbands which I found scary. But you know there's a thing which is vey common to Filipina women, as long the man they married with are nice to them they will stay with them no matter how poor they get. We belong to a family oriented nation that is why family is very important to us.

Last edited by LovingMrSmith4ever; 10-31-2013 at 05:34 PM..

Old 10-31-2013, 05:24 PM

183 posts, read 295,352 times
caution is all nice and well but who dares wins oopsie win what well what does one want really

Old 10-31-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
1) I've generally noticed when it comes to meeting white men, really don't care the age of the white man. It seems like Filipinas just love the idea of mixed babies, and Filipino celebrities are often mixed kids - everyone is half-something, if they are on Filipino TV. (Just read in (4) that you are black. There are some famous black mixed kids too, Black Eyes Peas guy is half black american and half filipino). Mixed Korean/FIlipina or mixed Japanese/Filipino is equally as popular, on and on.

So, my guess is that even a 20-year-old would marry a 70-year-old american guy, just for the mixed kids and family and such. I think if the old AMerican dude is unwilling to give them kids though, that could be a serious problem for the relationship. Filipinas seem to want the family, and are very family-oriented as well.

Having it work out with a 20-year-old might very well work out if the old American guy is living in the Philippines, and can resist the temptation not to want to mate with every girl they see. But if the old american dude brings back a 20-year-old girl, that same 20-year-old will probably pick up on the vibe that it is completely unacceptable in American culture, and a divorce might be coming down the road later. Especially when they see the dating possibilities for them in the U.S. as a 20-year-old Asian woman.

In short, if you are yourself an older man, you are better off marrying a Filipina who is at least 30 or even 35, the older they are, the more success you have of having more in common, and she'll have enough other experiences that she'll just want to settle down, etc.

2) "Simple" means they have almost no other interests besides cooking, sleeping, watching tv, and that's about it. Usually uneducated, and wouldn't be able to deal with you if you are a type that needs a little intellectual conversation from time to time.

3) If they say they are not pretty, it's because they don't think they are. One reason is darker skin. White guys often like darker skinned (or tanned) Asian girls, but Asian guys generally only want white skin. Usually I find that dark-skinned asian women are quick to label themselves as not pretty. But, maybe just simply aren't pretty, in general, as well. That one could vary quite a bit.

4) Appearances. Filipinos really have ZERO concept of what is attractive in the West. I've seen some very attractive Filipina women interested in some very very ugly old fat, least attractive of the very least attractive american guys you'll ever see in your life.

My gut-feeling deep down is that Asian women in general look into the heart and soul, and see way beyond the physical apperances. Another deep down in the gut feeling too is that if the same ugly fat weird old dude was a Filipino man, they'd have no interest in him whatsoever for romantic interests. But, if the guy is an American, than it's a completely different story altogether. They are also looking for that 'family' with a provider, and that old fat ugly no-one-wants in America American, might work out good for that filipina. (As an aside, it's interesting how some of these loser american guys come to the Philippines and live a George Clooney lifestyle though!)

5) The Filipinas looking for marriage-minded guys would go tomorrow if someone promises them marriage. The courting wouldn't take long, it's basically up to the guy. However, the guy should use some screening for this, as there are Filipinas who are marrying guys they can't stand, or dont really like. You might also get more than you bargained for. The biggest issue is MONEY though. Most Filipinas assume that AMericans are walking ATM machines, and most Filipinas will be in shock when they arrive in the U.S., and see they still have to budget, live modest, etc. Many Filipinas CAN DO this, and do work hard. But some might have some serious misconceptions and be in for a shock to see their misconception was a wrong one. The best thing to counter this is to NEVER try to demonstrate or pretend that you have more money than you actually do.

ADDITIONAL) In general, it is VERY easy to find a marriage-minded Filipina. Very, very, very easy. Generally speaking, most MEN, once they find out how easy it is, end up reliving their youth by being a superstar in the Philippines dating left and right.

So, this type of stuff makes it very hard on the Filipinas who really are looking for a faithful husband and such, as they watch the person visiting them in the Philippines, who also added 5-6 other marriage-material girls to see on his marriage-minded itenarary, and on and on. It can be a vicious cycle.

It's also not uncommon to see the types of American/EUropean men who make it a lifestyle to date, marry and bring back, than divorced. Go again, and date, marry, and divorce, over and over. Usually the same guys that add 5-7 other girls to meet their marriage-minded Filipinas tour.

In short, the Filipina has just as much risk as the American/European. But, for whatever reason, there is always another American/European ready to make the plunge, and always another Filipina around the corner willing to join him, regardless of the age difference, on and on.

In short, ANY filipina would be thrilled to meet a marriage-minded and serious American guy. ABsolutely happy and thrilled. Just be careful not to let them down by exploiting that by dating dozens of them, or thinking they are less of a person than they are, because of it. It's super easy for American men to date, or marry, or just sleep around with Filipinas. Which is what makes it very hard for FIlipinas who want to give their heart and soul to the person, and get married, and settled down, on and on.

ANother plus for you is you are an ARmy Vet. Filipinas, in general, absolutely adore and love American military guys, and since you are a retired one, you'll have a stable income. AN even bigger plus for a Filipina.

I dont know if I should even mention it or not, but there are a few former US military base areas in the PHilippines where many US army guys basically never left. They just retired and live out their retirement income from the military in these prostitute areas. ANgeles City being one of the most famous. Horrible place to look for marriage, but a popular place for former US military guys to date and sleep with go-go girls and everything else. Just a note though, Angeles City or other places like it, are NOT reflective of all Filipinas though. Many american/european men seem to make a B-LINE directly for places like AC, and than leave the Philippines thinking the entire country is filled with only those types of girls. It's only a small subculture of the population, and very specific to just a few areas. But, thought I'd mention it anyways. It's only a matter of time, for anyone interested in girls and the Philippines, to get it in their head that Angeles City is the place to go for that.

The reality is that you can meet Filipina women ANYWHERE in the Philippines super easy. ANd you can meet all the marriage-minded ones all over the country! Not to say that the prostitues in places like Angeles City aren't marriage minded too, as they will be as well, but those marriages have the highest hurdles in every conceivable way of working out. So, just AVOID any profile whatsoever of any girl whose location is Angeles City. If she lives there, it's a very high chance she's involved in prostitution as well.

Anyways, you have a lot of research ahead of you, for sure!

Wow, thank you so much Tiger Beer! What an insightful post!
You have mentioned things in your posts that I have found while doing my research. There is a big part of me that is leaning towards searching for Filipinas who have either already started the process to relocate here in the US or Filipinas who have already been living here for some time. I don't think I want to deal with the whole process being a sponsor, immigration issues, etc.... I might even be very concerned that she may just be looking at me as a way out of her country then when she gets here gets up and takes off for what she feels is greener pastures. This speaks to your point about a 20 year old coming to the US and seeing her dating possibilities. That thought is scary but I will say that I could not ever see myself dating a 18, 19 or even a 20 year old. We wouldn't have anything in common and that sort of thing here in the U S will get you evil stares from people and you might wind up being called a pedophile or something even though she's an "adult" in the eyes of the law. Is there a difference between the young ladies there versus the young ones here in America? Are the Filipinas any more mature? I'm just curious and wonder what do they possibly think they might have in common with guys who are 15-25+ years older than they are? I have pretty much have a sort of check list of what I would like. As I'm reading profiles, I'm looking to see if they say that they want kids or not. I will accept her kids as my own, but I have no plans to start over from scratch fathering more children. I don't mind saying that I am 45 years old and I think a good age range for me might be from 35-45. Who knows, I might even consider 30. LOL! I am very visual as most of us guys are so appearance carries a lot of weight with me when deciding if I want to message a lady on the Filipina dating site or not.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Yeah, this is something that most Filipina should also be doing. Be extra CAUTIOUS... they have to remind themselves that not because they are foreigner be it a European, American, etc doesn't mean they are rich and stable. I've seen some women I met in the US embassy who don't really know their soon to be husbands which I found scary. But you know there's a thing which is vey common to Filipina women, as long the man they married with are nice to them they will stay with them no matter how poor they get. We belong to a family oriented nation that is why family is very important to us.
LovingMrSmith4ever, that is one of attractive things about Filipinas I like..... a guy doesn't have to be wealthy since a lot of them are about the family unit as opposed to being more on the materialistic side like a lot of western women.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:35 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,751,529 times
Quote:
Then why foreign? I mean it makes more sense to marry a Filipino unless the goal is to immigrate.
I'm not talking about those who fall in love naturally in everyday contact, but those who search for foreigners online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia