Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2014, 04:14 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times

Advertisements

Here is a thread in another forum that is nothing but odd photos from India. Mostly signs, most of which are laugh-out-loud funny.

Only in India - the weirdest photo - India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 09:30 PM

55 posts, read 138,791 times
These are funny photos but India is also where some of the most horrific photos I've ever seen come from. Those are the photos of rotten human corpses floating in the river and lying along river banks as part of their tradition of funeral. They treat the rivers extremely sacred, so laying the dead ones floating in the rivers is regarded as something divine and religious. The scariest part is the living people are still using the water from the same rivers and going on about their daily lives around these rotten corpses like they are so used to the scene

Old 08-12-2014, 05:05 AM

372 posts, read 1,006,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post

I love this one! LOL There's even a cow that appears to be munching on the hay.
Picture looks very funny

Old 08-12-2014, 07:09 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,379,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene_allen View Post
These are funny photos but India is also where some of the most horrific photos I've ever seen come from. Those are the photos of rotten human corpses floating in the river and lying along river banks as part of their tradition of funeral. They treat the rivers extremely sacred, so laying the dead ones floating in the rivers is regarded as something divine and religious. The scariest part is the living people are still using the water from the same rivers and going on about their daily lives around these rotten corpses like they are so used to the scene
I almost puke when I see that. Wasn't able to eat for days too

Old 08-13-2014, 03:51 AM

40 posts, read 56,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene_allen View Post

I've seen that photo . Interesting though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia