Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 10:01 AM

2 posts, read 1,466 times

Advertisements

With the current emerging economies in Asia including Malaysia, would you be interested to Study in Malaysia? Malaysia would present a good alternative for your education needs at a fraction of the fees or is it?

So would Malaysia be marketable to Western students?

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-29-2014 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: No posting of sites when first joining
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 12:51 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
My son intended to study law in Malaysia to get on a fast track to a law degree. He applied and was accepted to the university, he applied for his visa and waited I think over 6 months while they messed around with it. He finally gave up and went to an American university. I still wonder were they waiting to get a bribe for the visa or what? Not sure but it left a bad impression about Malaysia.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:34 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,174,809 times
Having been to Malaysia I'd definitely study there if the university was accredited with the appropriate folks in the U.S. That said I am not sure Americans know enough about Malaysia to realize what a good place it is.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:59 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,206,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EduGuide View Post
With the current emerging economies in Asia including Malaysia, would you be interested to Study in Malaysia? Malaysia would present a good alternative for your education needs at a fraction of the fees or is it?

I think it would have it's niche market. Meaning, some who just couldn't afford education in the U.S., might look into it.

The bigger problem, however, is that depending on what one will do with their B.A. or M.A., not all employers will recognize it as being the same quality of education as a B.A. or M.A. in the United States.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:43 PM

27 posts, read 44,853 times
The alternative school for south east asian people. Number 1 is singapore and the second is malaysia.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:03 PM

440 posts, read 662,583 times
Malaysia, Singapore and Burnei. Education mainly in the english language.

Australia is very marketable to Asian students including Malaysia and Singapore. Also New Zealand and the UK. All of them belonged to the British Empire.

Securing an undergraduate place in Malaysia and Singapore is not easy even for the locals. So you can imagine how easy or diffcult it is for western students applying. The admission requirements are similar to the top 10 British uni.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EduGuide View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia