Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 05:13 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,091,923 times

Advertisements

I won't say DONE completely but mostly done. Spending weekends at the new house in the North of Tampa area, living out of boxes and all, still shutting down the old house and hoping for a buyer soon...
Plenty of work to keep busy.

I was there one week before some JWs came by, luckily the wife got them before I did because I wanted to ask them about what it means that on the beliefnet survery I had only 10% in common with them.....
I need to get that NO RELIGIOUS SOLICITORS Sign up before something worse comes along.

Made me think though....you can go to the yellow pages in a book OR online and get lists of 100s of churches and such. Too bad they don' t have a listing for "WEEKLY Atheist, Agnostic, Non-Theist, Intellectual meeting"

Would be nice to find some more like minded people in the new town.

I even had the hilarious vision of a meeting set up like a church where some guy was at a pulpit saying "You're ALL not Going to Hell because Hell does not exist" Which would be a good play on life when I was a kid because we had this child abusing pastor who was always screaming and such and everytime we had a guest preacher or revival or whatever it was good for at least one "You'Re all Going to Hell" sermon per hour

Maybe I ought to join the Church of the Sub-Genius? Seems like they parody religion quite well, and I met the founder once, Ivan Stang (still have an autographed book) and beneath everything, he is a comedian. Which brings up a great point: Most religions would not suck if they did not take themselves so seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 06:26 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
"Church of the Sub Genius," awesome, LOL...Enjoy your new digs!

Old 03-25-2012, 05:01 AM

18,732 posts, read 33,406,561 times
Can you look for a Buddhist group or Unitarian- lots of atheists there!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:30 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
Congrats on the move!
That is the only bummer about being an Atheist, no instant friends. lol That's because they don't want us spreading..............
Maybe we could just have a building with donuts and coffee every morning. Talk about daily events, news and such but with donuts after.

Seriously though, our building would be burned down in a second. I think most Atheist know better than to congregate in one building. To easy to target.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:32 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Can you look for a Buddhist group or Unitarian- lots of atheists there!
That's a good idea brightdoglover, I'll check that out as well.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:12 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
You can try one of the meetup groups

Atheists Meetups near Tampa, Florida - Atheists Meetups - Tampa

This one in Tampa has 219 members
Atheists of Florida-Tampa (Tampa, FL) - Meetup

Old 03-26-2012, 01:34 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,091,923 times
thanks NANA I will look into that one...looks like a good way to spend Easter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism