Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 12:38 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times

Advertisements

Friendly Atheist by @hemantsblog » How Did Adam & Eve’s Kids Have Kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 01:11 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times
Funny. I will wait to hear what insight his call to the pope brings us.

Last edited by calmdude; 07-23-2010 at 01:55 PM..

Old 07-23-2010, 01:59 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
The toughest course in divinity school is the skill of ducking facts, dodging questions, and diverting topics completely off the rails so as not to have to answer questions.

I sure as hell would hate to go up against their dodge ball team.......

Old 07-23-2010, 08:12 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Easy! Virgin, male birth. In other words, a miracle.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:13 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
I've often wondered this myself! And did they have pet dinosaurs?

Old 07-24-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I've often wondered this myself! And did they have pet dinosaurs?
Of course they did, don't you know that "The Flintstones" is a documentary

Quote:
Prindle says the results recall a line from comedian Lewis Black. "He did a standup routine a few years back in which he said that a significant proportion of the American people think that the 'The Flintstones' is a documentary," Prindle says. "Turns out he was right. Thirty percent of Texans agree that humans and dinosaurs lived on the earth at the same time."
Texans: Dinosaurs, Humans Walked the Earth at Same Time — Public Education | The Texas Tribune

I know we are not supposed to mock the beliefs of others, but this isn't a belief, it is insanity, raging Looney Tunes insanity, even though The Flintstones wasn't a Looney Tunes production.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:37 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Of course they did, don't you know that "The Flintstones" is a documentary

Texans: Dinosaurs, Humans Walked the Earth at Same Time — Public Education | The Texas Tribune

I know we are not supposed to mock the beliefs of others, but this isn't a belief, it is insanity, raging Looney Tunes insanity, even though The Flintstones wasn't a Looney Tunes production.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:39 PM

705 posts, read 1,110,939 times
This guy represents a church or religious organizational demomination????

He says "The fact is that we dont know exactly how things happened..."

"But, what we do know is that from individuals who decided that they did or did not want to follow the will of god came the rest of us...."

So, first of all he never answered the question, he gave a BS excuse for how Adam and Eve became grandparents, it happened from "individuals who decided that they did or did not want to follow the will of god." Second, what idiot head of which church had this fool go on tv proclaimng this crap.

Churches and clergy men never cease to amaze me. This is all covered in Dawkins' book, The god illusion. Any gap that can't be expained just chalk up to god's way.

The more these religulous types open their mouths the more foolish they sound.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:26 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The toughest course in divinity school is the skill of ducking facts, dodging questions, and diverting topics completely off the rails so as not to have to answer questions.

I sure as hell would hate to go up against their dodge ball team.......
Actually the divinity school I went to taught us to confront the inconsistencies, facts that make so sense and passages that make you go huh? In fact they even taught a course on how to preach the passages of hate that exist in the Bible, the passages that never make the lectionary and as such are never touched upon in church.

At our church I mention that taking the bible seriously means that at times we can't take it literally. It has errors in it; it has to, it was written by man.

Ask me any question and I will do my best to answer, but remember sometimes the answer is going to be "I haven't a friggin clue".

Old 07-25-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
At our church I mention that taking the bible seriously means that at times we can't take it literally. It has errors in it; it has to, it was written by man.

Ask me any question and I will do my best to answer, but remember sometimes the answer is going to be "I haven't a friggin clue".
Got to say it is refreshing to hear you say that, and there are a huge number of people that will not recognize that fact, believing it is the word of god, and is to be taken literally.

And their response to difficult questions is either "it's in the bible, so it is so" or "god dunit"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism