Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 08:09 PM

354 posts, read 303,924 times

Advertisements

Dawkins' can make even his horribly written hate mail sound good. Way to go Richard

Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 03:24 PM

10,526 posts, read 6,158,785 times
"...your theory SUCKS. You are not as wise as you think you are..."

"...YOU SUCK..."

Old 07-01-2013, 05:26 PM

232 posts, read 343,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Before I got "Banned for Life" years ago from Christian Forums, I used to get the Nastiest, most hateful EMails, respite with bad wishes and idle threats from otherwise Loving "Christians" and "Bible Believers"
This is nothing new. Christians can be some of the most hateful people around, and looking at what their faith has done for them does not inspire me to ever go back and be involved.
Why would you as an atheist join Christian forums and start fight, and proselytize?

Old 07-02-2013, 04:42 PM

354 posts, read 303,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumsen View Post
Why would you as an atheist join Christian forums and start fight, and proselytize?
I've thought about joining religious specific forums for the sole purpose of injecting ideology other than the dogma they're used to seeing. Most atheists, myself included, believe the standard religious meme is not particularly beneficial for the human race and our society in general. Why should we be quiet and allow the status quo to continue without objection? Aside from violence, which I would never advocate, the only thing we have are our voices and now the internet to inject counter opinions. As long as objections are raised respectively I highly agree with doing it, anywhere at anytime at any open-to-the-public forum.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:23 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
I think we've all been moved by a desire to spread the Good news and thought that all we had to do was explain it reasonably to the believers and the message would get across.

We find out soon enough that this does not work and we have to consider just what is the most effective way. Preaching to choir in AA is unsatisfactory and I must say that a general religion discussion forum like this is the best medium I have found.

I don't post in Christianity much. There is a case for leaving them alone when we have a better forum here.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I think we've all been moved by a desire to spread the Good news and thought that all we had to do was explain it reasonably to the believers and the message would get across.

We find out soon enough that this does not work and we have to consider just what is the most effective way. Preaching to choir in AA is unsatisfactory and I must say that a general religion discussion forum like this is the best medium I have found.

I don't post in Christianity much. There is a case for leaving them alone when we have a better forum here.
You do realize that this is in the AA choir section, right Arequipa???

Old 07-02-2013, 11:31 PM
3DJ

9 posts, read 9,863 times
lol@Ann Coulter

Old 07-03-2013, 07:38 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,081,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumsen View Post
This was some 12 years ago, when I was still toying with some semblance of Christianity, mostly non-theist. As for starting fights, it is easy there, just question anything, the existence of a god, the legitimacy of the Bible or even ask "WHY?"

Old 01-21-2015, 07:46 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,371,160 times
There is a sequel now. Not suitable for work, and may (definitely) contains strong language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW76...em-uploademail

Old 01-21-2015, 09:22 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You do realize that this is in the AA choir section, right Arequipa???
Of course. Who did you think I was talking to other than other atheists and the odd visiting or browsing theists, like yourself, old mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism