Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 08:31 AM

344 posts, read 396,102 times

Advertisements

Personally, I would just sit back and watch things happen with the one twist: mankind would be intellectually incapable of devising a god figure. As god, I could do such a thing. The world would be kind of the opposite as it is now where there really is no god but yet most people believe one exists. As god, I would exist but no one would believe in me.

In my world, women would have equal rights where today there are religion-imposed restrictions in many places on earth. Gays would be free to marry in the U.S, and would be free to come out of the shadows in other lands. The list of positive changes would be a long one, and as god I would be there to witness all of it. It would not be "the glory of no god" because god (me) would exist. What there would be is "the glory of no religion". And as god, I would rejoice in mankind's religionless world.

Hey, I think I have the blueprint for a best seller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 10:20 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Being a god would be a lonely, pointless existence. You would have no challenges in life because everything would happen just the way you want it. You would have no friends because no one would be your equal.

So if I were a god, I would change myself into something mortal. Maybe an Orca. I could just swim around and eat seals all day. But then I would miss my usual lunch of tacos and pizza.

Face it. There ain't nuthin better than being a human. Time for lunch.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:16 PM

37 posts, read 92,276 times
If I were God, I would show myself and make my presence known.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:03 PM

283 posts, read 508,307 times
This question is useless and will only serve as a sort of written "straight man" so as to allow some of the always entertaining and amusing atheists here to flaunt some of their patented wry humor and sarcastic musings.
Asking a mortal what they would do if they were GOd is like asking your pet goldfish what changes he would make to the Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, or how he might better edit Joyce's Ulysses.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:12 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
I would turn everybody into NDNs and feed the people with fry bread from the sky.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:03 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGal View Post
Personally, I would just sit back and watch things happen with the one twist: mankind would be intellectually incapable of devising a god figure. As god, I could do such a thing. The world would be kind of the opposite as it is now where there really is no god but yet most people believe one exists. As god, I would exist but no one would believe in me.

In my world, women would have equal rights where today there are religion-imposed restrictions in many places on earth. Gays would be free to marry in the U.S, and would be free to come out of the shadows in other lands. The list of positive changes would be a long one, and as god I would be there to witness all of it. It would not be "the glory of no god" because god (me) would exist. What there would be is "the glory of no religion". And as god, I would rejoice in mankind's religionless world.

Hey, I think I have the blueprint for a best seller.
If your plan is to do nothing but sit back and watch, how will you arrange the societal modifications which you endorse above? Either you are an inactive observer or you are interventionist for your perception of good, but I do not see how you could be both simultaneously.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:56 PM

584 posts, read 1,935,864 times
i would let the wbc and fred phelps know they are ass hats and right wing Christians know they are evile

Old 12-30-2012, 05:59 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Drink, smoke, and smite.* What else would a supreme being WANT to do?

*This would be when I care to look at how poorly my creations seem to behave and treat each other.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:48 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quit my day job.
Consign animal abusers to the fires of hell.
And on the seventh day, I'd rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism