Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 07:39 AM

21 posts, read 8,970 times

Advertisements

now what you see could be as a kingdom could it not

and as you are that sole purpose therefore being as that "God" to walk that through that kingdom

what of the mind, that as well can be seen as "God" with each thought comes a piece to form a bigger aspect of your own mental temple hence worship and devotion comes with cognition and bold reasoning

do not say "God" rather equate that term to your own articulation and you will see inevitably that you indeed exist

this idea of "God" speaks truly for itself with the aid of any dogma

you are the fool yet also the universe that is the progression of your life and personal constitution

free will is you to choose how to build your own temple as it were like the arts

this "God" is insight and that which is divine is man within his own kindness
both as a generalization and a distinct form remember that all knowing must first be ignorant and all powerful must first be weakness

Last edited by Alhazred; 10-26-2017 at 08:06 AM..

Old 10-26-2017, 08:19 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,334,303 times
So I should imagine up my own God and religion so that I am no longer an atheist in your mind? Where would I get the evidence for the God I just made up in my mind? Do you understand what an atheist is?

Old 10-26-2017, 08:20 AM

and the thing about this no church is required
your hands are the church the stars are the church
the open wilderness is the church
with this there is equal sharing of that quintessential pursuit driving and inspiring
evil is but your own living embrace such things throwing stones upon the flowing mind
understand what the ego is and let it be absolved that is what it would mean to repent or rather metanoia that change of mind
this cannot be found in any church or public worship center
avoid these places for they lie and judge wrongly on some pedestal to yet they are just as guilty
what madness they pedal to the youth they have a complete ignorance of the arts give them no pity only zealous indignation

Old 10-26-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So I should imagine up my own God and religion so that I am no longer an atheist in your mind? Where would I get the evidence for the God I just made up in my mind? Do you understand what an atheist is?
yet you made a God that you yourself know therefore that does exist within your individual mind and in the motions of your body
I did not say religion that is where people get it confused religion has nothing to do with God
religion is more of a empirical kind of farming and enslavement to control
yet the will is beyond such bounds
so this is not religion no this is you living sort of detached form that unseen presence though still remaining as you walk
this comes as apostasy which ultimately makes you responsible for your own fate
go with the tide and tempest of the means which further justify
there are axioms that are just there man you can do anything about them

Old 10-26-2017, 09:30 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,334,303 times
So what is the point of making up my own God? Wouldn't I know that I made him up?

Sorry but the rest is just a bunch of words leaving me to ponder what are you trying to say and for what purpose. I can walk in peace and quiet without pondering if something I made up is real.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So what is the point of making up my own God? Wouldn't I know that I made him up?

Sorry but the rest is just a bunch of words leaving me to ponder what are you trying to say and for what purpose. I can walk in peace and quiet without pondering if something I made up is real.
you yourself are also made up as well you put on a different garment for each particular situation for each job is society not also made up with some delusion of ethics and euphemisms

what is the point the point of waking up then why not just sit in bed in some cynical euphoria and wait like Habakkuk in the watchtower although he was a cool guy

the point of quote "making up your own God" is to boost that creative potential within you this is not some mere psychiatric drivel there is a science to existence

do not say made up say rather you are God as I am God as they are also God

use love and make it equitable to your being break apart your senses and realize what is within you

how can you even think what makes this sentient homeostatic process by whom enacts such things what is consciousness and what is continuum

peace and quiet is good actually for better judgments you alone be the judge of yourself do not question me question you

I try to make God a bit easier to fathom to maybe make people feel a little better about themselves instead of so bitter and doubtful trust me man there are things out there

as well the earth is not 6000 years old that is not true although the Bible is a well written book but you don`t need such books to be confined in be more attuned to the tangible grasp

evolution as well makes sense in some ways there are types of evolution although I don`t see how the environment and the climate etc can evolve the kind of depth in the human mind its quite difficult to say exactly how that process really works

I am to believe as well there might have been in the distant past a sort of intervention from other beings call them Elohim or whatever they very well could of influenced our growth as a species
this is just food for thought

Old 10-26-2017, 10:19 AM

another thing I am not here to convert anyone to a particular religion
I myself have no religion
to me its more of Gnostic sort of thing
Gnosis is simply knowledge that too me is what I worship
read books and feed your mind that is always good

Old 10-26-2017, 11:54 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,173,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
you yourself are also made up as well you put on a different garment for each particular situation for each job is society not also made up with some delusion of ethics and euphemisms

what is the point the point of waking up then why not just sit in bed in some cynical euphoria and wait like Habakkuk in the watchtower although he was a cool guy

the point of quote "making up your own God" is to boost that creative potential within you this is not some mere psychiatric drivel there is a science to existence

do not say made up say rather you are God as I am God as they are also God

use love and make it equitable to your being break apart your senses and realize what is within you

how can you even think what makes this sentient homeostatic process by whom enacts such things what is consciousness and what is continuum

peace and quiet is good actually for better judgments you alone be the judge of yourself do not question me question you

I try to make God a bit easier to fathom to maybe make people feel a little better about themselves instead of so bitter and doubtful trust me man there are things out there

as well the earth is not 6000 years old that is not true although the Bible is a well written book but you don`t need such books to be confined in be more attuned to the tangible grasp

evolution as well makes sense in some ways there are types of evolution although I don`t see how the environment and the climate etc can evolve the kind of depth in the human mind its quite difficult to say exactly how that process really works

I am to believe as well there might have been in the distant past a sort of intervention from other beings call them Elohim or whatever they very well could of influenced our growth as a species
this is just food for thought
Why do you assume an individual needs a god to be inspired and creative? I have passions and hobbies without a god.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:17 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,767,902 times
This sounds a bit familiar, and I don't have a great problem with it, provided it is not used as a priop for organized religion, which is where the problem lies - noit God, "God" or god -beleif.

The idea is that we take the natural world and call it "god" and even suggest that a god is behind it.

That can't be disproved, but there really is no good evidence for it and logically no reason to believe it. It comes down to seeing "God" in the natural world and human life becuaue you want to.

As I say, I have no huge beef with that because people can believe what they like, though of course I wish they'd use reason and evidence rather than faith.

I get it you are not here to convert us, and neither am I going to try to deconvert you (if deconversion is even required). I'll just say (as i have before to others who have argued similar ideas) "I see no reason to use the term 'God". "Nature" as a descriptor, causes a lot fewer misconceptions.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Why do you assume an individual needs a god to be inspired and creative? I have passions and hobbies without a god.
the individual is like unto a sword what is that thing mean a double edged sword to come out of the mouth

the individual is God rather

call it what I call it Indivis Factor

so indeed you sit and war within you and are thus to become passionate of your own surroundings

as well your actions also speak

Hilt in Spire truly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism