Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2019, 06:09 AM
Jza Jza started this thread

259 posts, read 379,807 times

Advertisements

How does Matt not realize this is Michael Shermer (I suspect he does with Deepak reference). How do people in the comments sections not realize this is Michael Shermer calling? Listen to the guy, pretty sure it's him. Michael Shermer's a smart guy and this guy sure does sound like him. Pretty sure it is him. The call however has me wondering if he was calling in to test Matt's meddle or to just prank him, because he's speaking some word salad for sure and Shermer usually makes a lot of sense.

What do you guys thinks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5xddF08IWs

Last edited by Jza; 01-30-2019 at 07:37 AM.. Reason: Links to subject matter help, sorry bout that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 07:50 AM
Jza Jza started this thread

259 posts, read 379,807 times
Video in question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5xddF08IWs

Old 01-30-2019, 09:29 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
i began to doubt when he went from the speculative realer -than -real thing beyond the Higgs -Boson Field (and he has to be a bit in the know to see that as the most basic foundation of matter that we have) and when Matt said this was speculation about metaphor presented as Real he went for the dual slit experiment and went under Matt's wheels by the usual Theist interpretation that science inadvertently falsifies all it's results or variants on 'science knows nothing, for sure'. Only a real advocate for Something More than Nature (AkA "God") would do that, not a spoofer.

I think that Shermer would have let Matt in on the joke pretty quick as if he let it lie and Matt found out...it could cause a little bad feeling, which I'm sure neither would want.

So I'm somewhat inclined to think that this is a theist with a nice sciencey alternative to Prime Mover, which he wanted to try out.

I could be wrong.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 01-30-2019 at 10:11 AM..

Old 01-30-2019, 05:20 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
The caller has the same inflections as Shermer but his pitch is different. The content doesn't sound like Shermer either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism