Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,492 times

Advertisements

Need to board my two beautiful sweet girls (golden retreivers) for 2 weeks. Does anyone know of a place that will allow them free reign, I hate the idea of them being in cages!

I live in the city, but don't mind driving an hour or so for a great place.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 10:31 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KacieB View Post
Need to board my two beautiful sweet girls (golden retreivers) for 2 weeks. Does anyone know of a place that will allow them free reign, I hate the idea of them being in cages!

I live in the city, but don't mind driving an hour or so for a great place.

Thanks!
This one is in Lawrenceville>>

Cloud Nine Canines - Cage Free Dog Boarding - Atlanta, GA

and
http://www.barkatl.com/
145 Ralph McGill Boulevard, NE
Atlanta, GA 30308

Conveniently located in Midtown on Ralph McGill Boulevard,
between Piedmont & Courtland across from the Civic Center.
Easy access from I-75 / I-85.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:40 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
I use this place:

The Park Pet Retreat

Most of these places require you to bring in your dog in beforehand to make sure it gets along with the other dogs, so plan accordingly.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:42 AM

136 posts, read 478,367 times
The Canine Ranch - A Full Service Canine Facility is a nice place.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:54 AM

826 posts, read 3,121,210 times
Wagalot, your dog will play in Daycare all day long and have a private Den at night. I can't say enough good things about this place. Ditto the PP as they will make you bring in your dog ahead of time to make sure they can get along with the other dogs.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:45 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
The people are Barking Hound Village are really sweet, too. Our dogs have always been happy there.

Several locations:

Atlanta's First and Best Dog Daycare, Dog Boarding and Dog Grooming Facility - Home

Old 06-30-2010, 12:05 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,375,025 times
dog works in holly springs. google them or pm me.

Out in the farm all day. You can alternatively arrange for them to sleep with the on site staff instead of the pens at night.

been boarding mine for years there whenever needed. they do not mix the dogs up for liability reasons so no worries about a dog getting chewed up.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:10 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The people are Barking Hound Village are really sweet, too. Our dogs have always been happy there.

Several locations:

Atlanta's First and Best Dog Daycare, Dog Boarding and Dog Grooming Facility - Home
I've heard good things about Barking Hound.

It's close to the Atlanta Humane Society.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:14 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
I've known someone who used the Wagalot facility and they liked it as well.

Aside from the fact most places do ask you let the dog spend a day there to make sure they'll get along with dogs, if you have the time, I'd board the dogs for at least one day and night before your trip as well. If your dogs haven't been boarded at a place and you suddenly leave them there for two weeks, it could stress them out quite a bit and cause some stomach or even minor behavioral issues because they won't understand it's just a temporary thing. If you leave them there for a day or two prior to a longer stay, they'll be used to it and understand that eventually you'll come back for them and it will be less stressful.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:51 AM

32 posts, read 143,462 times
We love, love, love Spot for Dogs. Check it out. It is in Virginia Highlands (they even come to pick up our dogs in a little bus). We have boarded them for a week and they were so happy when they came back. The owner is really nice and we feel like they are family now. Complete recommendation. They have a great running space and people who love animals caring for them. They even have someone sleeping there in a trailer (you have to see it) overnight so the dogs are never alone. It is awesome. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: