Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2010, 01:42 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,821,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
WoW seriuosly ummm like Dude do want me post links of me saying postive things about DFW and Houston, and even defending them? I can, I'm just saying. ) This is kind of a conflict with you post. And isn't crazy how I just made a thread about giving credit intentionally so we all can give credit. Sorry you must really have me confuse, you really need to quit! Then there's always trolling east coast posters but I promise you most of the conflicts Atlantans have in the city vs city fourm is with Houston posters when they pop in thread about Dallas vs Atlanta and start taking about what their city has or "their more important", so can quit that one too.

I said... I don't care if yall don't like Atlanta or not, repeat "I DON"T care". For all I care yall could love or hate Atlanta if will, so that argument holds no ground. OmShahi said Atlanta is his or her least favorite city out of 4 cities Orlando, Phonenix, Tampa, Atlanta do I care no did I response No, Why? because OmShahi don't have series negatives telling us why he or she doesn't Atlanta. But when there's a series of negative comment and no postives, ) "my face looks like smiley" it's annoying.

Matter of fact I dare yall to post links of yall saying 5 postive things about Atlanta. or do yall want me post 5 links of yall saying negative things about Atlanta.

Angry and rushing I so irritated,

"You all love to point out what Houston or Dallas can't do compared to Atlanta, but the moment one can out do Atlanta you have to play it down or start an argument.

I'm not saying that Atlanta's posters start 100% of the drama on this forum, but you all are in the top 3rd. " ) .......
LOL.Yeh even with my jumbled writing patterns I could tell you were burned up on that post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
see, there y'all go again. stop assuming that just because i live in texas that automatically makes me extremely biased towards houston and dallas. like i've said time and time again, i call it like i see it

i'll gladly point out the ways atlanta outdoes dallas, but high end retail is not one of those areas.

and like westbank said, it seems like texans are quicker to admit the areas they don't excel in, but with some of y'all...lets just say that i've seen atlantans arguing the fact that houston has a bigger skyline

YouTube - Scary Split Personality

Old 07-12-2010, 01:48 PM

625 posts, read 1,150,782 times
Yup, Definitely Dallas, by a long shot. There is a TJ Max and Ross on almost every corner of Atlanta. And 90% of the people that live OTP shop at Kohls.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
Yup, Definitely Dallas, by a long shot. There is a TJ Max and Ross on almost every corner of Atlanta. And 90% of the people that live OTP shop at Kohls.
How would you know unless you were ther shopping with them?

Old 07-12-2010, 04:18 PM

468 posts, read 791,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
How would you know unless you were ther shopping with them?

Right?

Old 07-13-2010, 02:20 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,326,184 times
This is seriously beating a dead horse in that both cities are extremely similar to each other. In fact the two are often compared given there similar demographics, local economies, and quality of life. If anything is different between them it's that Dallas has weathered the current downturn better than Atlanta given the fact that oil and energy comprise a significant portion of the local economy in DFW - so obviously, high-end retailers are less likely to shut down an outlet or scale back operations there than they would be here in Atlanta.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:32 PM

The original question was about being fashion forward anyway.Having stores or boutiques can be a factor but hardly the end all to determing in this case if there is such a clear winner versus the more likely that its a toss up.

I have friend who is a model and through him I have met many professionals in the industry in Atlanta.I have gained quite an insight on just how big and how fast Atlanta has come to represent a noticeable amount of interest in the Fashion world.(stateside).I do believe that Atlanta has a huge number of designers,models,stylist in the city due to such a a vast array of media outlets.The record industry being number one.Contrary to what some said earlier rappers DO dress very well.Its all about the baller image now.

Just look at Ludacris,T.I.,Andre' 3000 of Outkast
http://nwfilmforum.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/andre-3000.jpg (broken link)

Not to mention its Hip Hop not just rap.Singers that sing R&B have always been snazzy dressers.Artist like Usher,Nee-Yo,Keri Hilson,Monica.Janelle Monae

Everyone will agree that fashion is largely influenced by whats on T.V. or the movies.Those videos featuring those well dressed artist have to come from somewhere.A stylist in Atlanta picked it out for them to where.I know several of them.Its true they go shopping everywhere but ,the industry is so big here,it has created a slew of designers that just were not around before Atlanta was on the music and media scene.

There is a very sizable amount of people in th fashion industry and it growing by leaps and bounds YEARLY.So what was true 10 years ago is just NOT true today.

I looked up the info on the Fashion weeks in each city.It seems by far Atlanta 2 largest event each year are MUCH bigger than in Dallas.

I looked on face book for each cities.The friends of Atlantas are at almost 15,000 members!Dallas has under 2,000 members.That should tell you how much people want to know whats going on in Atlanta for their to be such a drastic change.
Welcome to Facebook

I might also add that SCAD Atlanta has also been pushing for more exposure too.

Last edited by afonega1; 07-13-2010 at 11:50 PM..

Old 07-14-2010, 12:20 AM

293 posts, read 910,658 times
I go to a lot of cities on City-Data forum and the only one where you will find people bragging about how sophisticated they are is Dallas.The people there don't seem to realize that in rest of the US they aren't known for their sophistication, they're known for their bragging. I think it's pretty funny.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:34 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,881,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
Same exact stuff all over DFW. SAME EXACT STUFF. Everywhere. From McKinney to Mansfield. From Allen to Arlington. From Keller to Kaufman. From Frisco to Forney. From Southlake to South Oak Cliff and Plano to Pleasant Grove. From Colleyville to Lewisville, from Richardson to Burleson, from Cedar Hill to Flower Mound, from Double Oak to Red Oak to Oak Point to Pilot Point, to Hickory Creek to Farmer's Branch from Little Elm to Grand Prairie, the SAME EXACT STUFF IS EVERYWHERE.

Stop hating on Atlanta blondie.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:29 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,858,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Same exact stuff all over DFW. SAME EXACT STUFF. Everywhere. From McKinney to Mansfield. From Allen to Arlington. From Keller to Kaufman. From Frisco to Forney. From Southlake to South Oak Cliff and Plano to Pleasant Grove. From Colleyville to Lewisville, from Richardson to Burleson, from Cedar Hill to Flower Mound, from Double Oak to Red Oak to Oak Point to Pilot Point, to Hickory Creek to Farmer's Branch from Little Elm to Grand Prairie, the SAME EXACT STUFF IS EVERYWHERE.

Stop hating on Atlanta blondie.
yeah because the nordstrom in south oak cliff is sooo popular. there are some department stores with several locations across the metroplex, but many of the most exclusive designers found in dallas (and not in atlanta) only have one location. so not the exact same stuff is not everywhere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta