Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:59 PM

663 posts, read 1,864,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely40 View Post
First, out of curiosity I wonder if the reason you "see this around the Atlanta all the time" is perhaps this is what YOU are looking for. There's truth in the statement seek and you shall find. Secondly, while I recognize that dating at this stage comes with its specific challenges, I don't agree that (a) men in this range have any more of an advantage than ladies in this range, or (b) many tend to date younger. As we mature, the dating game just gets different and you just have to know how to play it. It’s no different than any other stage of your life in which you have to make adjustments.

I have plenty of male friends in their 40s who prefer to date within their age range and cite their frustration with the lack of available "seasoned" women. Further, I also have girlfriends who are in their late 20s who say they find older men less appealing than their younger male counterparts. They too want partners who are young, vibrant and not close to their “daddy’s age”. So, it depends on the individuals involved. In my humble opinion, younger doesn’t necessarily = better when it comes to dating.

[/font][/color]
Actually I am in my late 20s - not in the sugar daddy stage as of yet - but when I get there we'll see. So I am obviously not speaking out of wishful thinking on my part, I am merely stating my observations when out and about in Atlanta regarding the older man/younger woman combo. There is no reason I would want to see this occurrence as these women are in my own age range.

Last edited by darkone; 09-05-2010 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: elaboration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 05:40 AM

431 posts, read 942,672 times
Who wants an old, loose, used model when a shiny baggage free new one is available. Women age horribly unless they spend money on surgery. Men with a little gym time age well.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:52 AM

572 posts, read 1,870,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely40 View Post
First, out of curiosity I wonder if the reason you "see this around the Atlanta all the time" is perhaps this is what YOU are looking for. There's truth in the statement seek and you shall find. Secondly, while I recognize that dating at this stage comes with its specific challenges, I don't agree that (a) men in this range have any more of an advantage than ladies in this range, or (b) many tend to date younger. As we mature, the dating game just gets different and you just have to know how to play it. It’s no different than any other stage of your life in which you have to make adjustments.

I have plenty of male friends in their 40s who prefer to date within their age range and cite their frustration with the lack of available "seasoned" women. Further, I also have girlfriends who are in their late 20s who say they find older men less appealing than their younger male counterparts. They too want partners who are young, vibrant and not close to their “daddy’s age”. So, it depends on the individuals involved. In my humble opinion, younger doesn’t necessarily = better when it comes to dating.

To the OP, have you ventured into the large cultural scene that Atlanta offers? I don’t live in Atlanta, but I too am a highly educated, successful lady in her 40s. I find that I meet men in places that I would never imagine. Personally, I travel often, both domestically and internationally. And I love the arts. My advice to you is to put yourself in a variety of different settings and let the universe work it out for you. Trust me there is no shortage of men out there for you. They’re out there and waiting contently for you.

Keep trying.
Another 30+ woman in denial.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:26 AM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggs1 View Post
Another 30+ woman in denial.

No denial my friend, just stating my own observations.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:19 AM

572 posts, read 1,870,964 times
lovely40, you said most of your older male friends "cite their frustration with the lack of available "seasoned" women." I was just wondering how would they describe a "seasoned" woman. What are some qualities of these women?

And if the OP fits those qualities, there maybe a chance for you to hook the OP up with some of your male friends (through PMs).

Just a thought.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:40 AM

4 posts, read 13,851 times
wow, this is depressing. With technology today and such a big metro area, sure mature men will look and find younger women, but that does not mean all their needs will be satisfied. Younger women don't always handle or solve their issues very well. Drama, drama, drama. Therefore mature men tend to drift back to their age bracket, after the hard and tight gets boring. And a man who doesn't get tired of the drama and BS, well... he is just not desirable.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:02 AM

4 posts, read 13,851 times
Hon,with that attitude you will definitely stay alone. Aging has alot to do with lifestyle. Do you work out? Do you frequent fastfood restaurants? Is the glass half full or half empty?
About 2 years ago I lost my job and was without for 6 months. Get a resume together? Interview clothes? wow... here were younger people interviewing me and definitely checking out the book by its cover. So i came to the hard realization that I had to do something to improve my cover if I wanted to survive. Since then I lost 45 pounds and my body is tight from yoga now. People I do work with cannot believe my age. All the youngins flirt with me and I love the attention. I turn heads wherever I go. My hair is always fixed and my minimal makeup is on. They don't think wow is she old. They tell me they hope they can look that good when they get my age. And i am not embarrassed to tell them exactly how old I am. I have fun wherever I go and always am open to new friends. And from that attitude I do come across opportunities.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:42 AM

642 posts, read 2,219,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamnwk View Post
Who wants an old, loose, used model when a shiny baggage free new one is available. Women age horribly unless they spend money on surgery. Men with a little gym time age well.
Depends on the women. I know women of color age very well in the face especially. Think of Halle Berry, Iman and even Pam Grier who is in her 60's.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:43 AM

21 posts, read 58,831 times
Wow...that stirred up some interesting postings from some bright and not so bright people...obviously, time and karma take care of a lot of things and provide the most valuable education for some of the lesser evolved here.

I will make a couple of observations as to what "seasoning" is and has done for me...

Some women get sexier as they age (Think Diane Lane, Mary Louise Parker, Dana Delaney) - It's all about confidence and making the most out of your life experiences that get you there. Amazingly, confidence seems to be the real head turner for men (I am not including BOYS in that statement and I think it's quite apparent who belongs in which camp here). I get compared to Eva Mendes frequently and that NEVER happened in my 20's, I credit that to my level of confidence which relied heavily on my looks when I was younger. It's a helluva lot easier to be pretty in your 20's but it is really, really hard to achieve confidence and poise in your 20's. In your 40's and 50's, both come together beautifully.

Mature 40-50 yr old men really appreciate a 45 yr old that can still rock a bikini and/or have the sexual confidence to be comfortable in one. They realize how much work that takes and they usually have once been married to a 20-something so they understand that it takes work to make that body last because many of them saw that body vanish before their eyes over time.

Mature men appreciate that you have finished figuring out what you want to be when you grow up and have achieved the education to have attained your professional accomplishments. They like a woman who knows what she wants IN and OUT of the bedroom...there's not time for shyness - WOMEN are bold, girls are coy.

According to a good friend of mine, he most appreciates the intellect, varied interests, and intelligent conversations that don't involve who and what was just "twittered" and what happened on Jersey Shore last night that are common among young women. Men might like to rock a little arm candy but unless they only want to bring you out for show, they are interested in having a personal life that is fulfilling in other ways, just as quality women do.

In moving from a smallish college town, I am moving to Atlanta and since the last time I lived here, things have changed a bit. So, I primarily was looking for direction as to what avenues might be best for meeting men my age but also female friends, since moving will surely shrink both available pools .

I do travel internationally and domestically and I meet lots of people that are interesting every day in my work, but I cannot date my patients - it is not permitted in my professional ethics....so, therefore, a huge avenue is closed off to me.

So, please give me some more ideas...and, in the meantime, I will shop Trader Joe's more and Kroger less. :0). I am still gonna give that speed dating thing a whirl, tho.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:13 AM

4,222 posts, read 4,745,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamnwk View Post
^LOL.

I'm 31 and younger guys approach me all the time. They usually guess I'm 22-25. And it's like that with most of my girlfriends, too

So what about those women who 'do' age well then? Will we be 'lucky enough' to be able to pick from men our own age?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta