Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 04:41 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,982,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
I've always wondered if L.A. would be the busiest passenger air space in the world given it has
LAX,
Burbank
Long Beach
Ontario
You're missing Orange County and Palm Springs for Greater LA also. Might as well throw in Santa Barbara too, but it's okay to leave that one off. Even with these airports, LA doesn't have the busiest airspace in the world, but it is top two busiest in the US next to NYC, which makes sense considering metro size.

Still pretty impressive for ATL. It's been interesting watching American slowly turn Charlotte into a mini-ATL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 05:03 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,947,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
You're missing Orange County and Palm Springs for Greater LA also. Might as well throw in Santa Barbara too, but it's okay to leave that one off. Even with these airports, LA doesn't have the busiest airspace in the world, but it is top two busiest in the US next to NYC, which makes sense considering metro size.

Still pretty impressive for ATL. It's been interesting watching American slowly turn Charlotte into a mini-ATL.
I'm just so glad we're a large DL hub. I've always liked Charlotte, and I feel for them being sadled with AA. Same goes for DFW & Miami. AA is a dumpster fire, the worst U.S. Legacy carrier, by FAR.

Old 04-11-2022, 05:53 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,446,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I'm just so glad we're a large DL hub. I've always liked Charlotte, and I feel for them being sadled with AA. Same goes for DFW & Miami. AA is a dumpster fire, the worst U.S. Legacy carrier, by FAR.
I was recently in Charlotte, and it is a very busy airport. I think it will gain its first nonstop to Asia soon.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
I was recently in Charlotte, and it is a very busy airport. I think it will gain its first nonstop to Asia soon.
It is busy, and the additions are impressive. Asian flights would be fantastic for CLT, but I can't see AA doing them without subsidies. They've recently slashed their Asian flights from LAX.

Old 04-11-2022, 07:35 PM

6,568 posts, read 12,067,196 times
Quote:
It is busy, and the additions are impressive. Asian flights would be fantastic for CLT, but I can't see AA doing them without subsidies. They've recently slashed their Asian flights from LAX.
Not sure about CLT but I always thought AA and/or JAL might start a non-stop between TYO (NRT and/or HND) and MIA.

Old 04-11-2022, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Not sure about CLT but I always thought AA and/or JAL might start a non-stop between TYO (NRT and/or HND) and MIA.
This is a head scratcher, as Miami has zero flights to Asia and the 787 has the range. The demand must not be there, but the City is desperate for an Asian flight. It drives the Airport crazy that their 3 Southern peers all have them (ATL, DFW & Houston).

Old 04-11-2022, 09:21 PM

690 posts, read 642,412 times
Quote:
That wouldn't surprise me as there are several Asian carriers going into LAX. Factor in COVID and it may take a bit for demand to drive up capacity. They did cut LAX-Shanghai but kept Tokyo. Given that travel to certain areas is still limited by COVID, I think it will take more time.

Old 04-11-2022, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
That would be a nice addition. MIA has been clamoring for an Asia flight for a while.

Old 04-11-2022, 09:35 PM

Quote:

My experience has been generally positive. I have roughly 1.2M miles with them. I've had very few issues. What I find sad overall is that all of our airlines are 3-star carriers. I'd like to see a nicer one emerge but I know that's not likely to happen.

Old 04-11-2022, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancuriosity View Post
My experience has been generally positive. I have roughly 1.2M miles with them. I've had very few issues. What I find sad overall is that all of our airlines are 3-star carriers. I'd like to see a nicer one emerge but I know that's not likely to happen.
Well, I'm assuming you're an Exec Plat with them? That will definitely buffer you from the worst elements for sure! Are you based in ATL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta