Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 05:09 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,982,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I'm just so glad we're a large DL hub. I've always liked Charlotte, and I feel for them being sadled with AA. Same goes for DFW & Miami. AA is a dumpster fire, the worst U.S. Legacy carrier, by FAR.
I agree American is terrible. Have only had okay experiences with them and the planes are usually crap. United and Delta are who I normally fly domestically and I've found them to be about the same service wise but Delta generally has nicer planes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2022, 07:45 AM

713 posts, read 448,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
I agree American is terrible. Have only had okay experiences with them and the planes are usually crap. United and Delta are who I normally fly domestically and I've found them to be about the same service wise but Delta generally has nicer planes.
Generally have had only negative experiences with American as well but I don't agree with you about United and Delta.. Delta is still a step above United too. There used to just be a lot more carriers, as carriers merged after 911 and the financial crisis there are just less and less options and as a result great customer service has taken a huge dip. I wonder how the Spirit/Frontier or JetBlue merger will affect the overall industry too.

Old 04-12-2022, 08:17 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,947,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Well, basically I'm a Delta only guy, except for jetBlue if I'm going to Boston. My company had us flying on United only for a few years, so I was somewhat getting used to them - but it was always hit or miss. I work remotely from our San Diego office, and the forced connections through Newark really sucked! They let us fly anyone but AA now though, so I'm back on DL almost all the time.

Old 04-12-2022, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganderTexan View Post
Generally have had only negative experiences with American as well but I don't agree with you about United and Delta.. Delta is still a step above United too. There used to just be a lot more carriers, as carriers merged after 911 and the financial crisis there are just less and less options and as a result great customer service has taken a huge dip. I wonder how the Spirit/Frontier or JetBlue merger will affect the overall industry too.
I hope whoever they merge with doesn't ruin jetBlue, I have to admit I really like them. As I mentioned above, I take them to Boston often. They are definitely my 2nd favorite after DL.

Old 04-12-2022, 08:30 AM

6,568 posts, read 12,070,061 times
Quote:
This is a head scratcher, as Miami has zero flights to Asia and the 787 has the range. The demand must not be there, but the City is desperate for an Asian flight. It drives the Airport crazy that their 3 Southern peers all have them (ATL, DFW & Houston).
DFW actually has flights to both of Tokyo's airports, with both airlines (AA and JAL). ATL used to have a JAL flight but discontinued since Delta started flying that route. For ATL the market with Seoul is higher as Delta and Korean Air both have flights there. Meanwhile MIA can serve as a connection for people traveling between Japan and Brazil.

Quote:
Well, basically I'm a Delta only guy, except for jetBlue if I'm going to Boston. My company had us flying on United only for a few years, so I was somewhat getting used to them - but it was always hit or miss. I work remotely from our San Diego office, and the forced connections through Newark really sucked! They let us fly anyone but AA now though, so I'm back on DL almost all the time.
I remember when I used to live in San Diego and there were limited Delta flights. Even to New York I had to connect in Cincinnati or Salt Lake (this was in the 2000's before the merger with Northwest). I happened to see they are starting a direct SAN-BOS flight soon.

Old 04-12-2022, 08:57 AM

690 posts, read 642,412 times
Quote:
Well, I'm assuming you're an Exec Plat with them? That will definitely buffer you from the worst elements for sure! Are you based in ATL?
No. I'm lifetime Gold and belong to the Admirals Club. The Admirals Club buffers me from a lot of routine stuff. To be clear, the 1.2M miles is my total lifetime accumulation not my unspent miles. I live in Southern California but am considering relocating to Atlanta. My company doesn't care where I live as long as I'm near an airport. I don't question what anyone has experienced. It just hasn't happened to me.

I've flown Delta several times to Seattle, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, and Atlanta. The service was good. i can see why folks from Atlanta like them. I also recognize this is an Atlanta forum so I get the enthusiasm.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:19 AM

713 posts, read 448,100 times
Quote:
I hope whoever they merge with doesn't ruin jetBlue, I have to admit I really like them. As I mentioned above, I take them to Boston often. They are definitely my 2nd favorite after DL.
If they are merging with Spirit they will definitely be ruined there's no way you can not suck after merging with Spirit lol.

Old 04-12-2022, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganderTexan View Post
If they are merging with Spirit they will definitely be ruined there's no way you can not suck after merging with Spirit lol.
OMG, their Gate is across from JetBlue on concourse D, and I just can't....they literally scream at their passengers over the PA about carry-ons: "We warned all of you - NOW it's 45$ per bag. Maybe you'll PAY ATTENTION NEXT TIME." Many people had their belongings in black garbage bags, kids running wild....just no.

Old 04-12-2022, 06:02 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,272,203 times
I'm usually a Delta only guy, especially since I'm most often flying to Atlanta these days, and Seattle is also a Delta hub.

Recently I flew Alaska and saved a little bit... but, borderline not worth it, at least for a 5 hour flight. Delta just has a better inflight experience. Alaska's okay as a backup option, just to support a local airline here with good values.

I would probably fly American or United if going to O'Hare. Last time I flew Delta there it was hard to locate my flight on the boards, as the other airlines were all second class to those 2.

Old 04-12-2022, 06:05 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,272,203 times
Anyway, the Atlanta airport is great, but, why is that the only transportation infrastructure that Georgia seems ever able to focus on? It's just one piece of travel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta