Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 12:47 AM

17 posts, read 45,145 times

Advertisements

Hello, if you read my previous threads you know I am looking in Atlanta for college and living. In my previous threads I focused more on renting verses buying, but this thread is about buying(I plan on majoring in Real Estate, so that is why this interest me so much lol). I came across 3324 Peachtree on Zip Realty and I was very impressed by the building for the cost and location. Does anybody know anything about this building? When I saw the amenities I was like oh lord, maybe they are not Mansion on Peachtree or Sovereign, but they are still amazing! I showed my mom one of the apartments that was 299k and she thought it was probably 800k-1million(she is from NYC so she expects everything to be super expensive lol!). The only thing I found kind of odd was the taxes on a 299k unit taxes were 5,740k(the unit was appraised at a bit more than 299k though according to the Fulton Assessor I also checked the taxes on the Fulton County Taxes website). Are those taxes pretty high, or is that standard for Atlanta? My moms house is forty minutes to DC and it is appraised for much much more and she pays just over 10K. So are Atlanta taxes high? Also could I get homestead exemption on the condo since my mom resides in VA? I do not know if my mom would own it or me though. Or it would probably be owned by our family trust or possibly an LLC. Also if you own property in GA for one year can I then attend the GSU at state rates sophomore year if I move all my papers over to GA? I know if my mom moves to GA I would then definitely get state rates, which is possible because she would like to move to Atlanta after her divorce from my dad, but that would be a totally different thread!!! for what she would be buying, if she moved I would live with her obviously.

So what is 3324 Peachtree like, is it as amazing as it looks online? Also what are the residents like?

Looking at mortgages the payment here would be substantially less than what you pay at 05 Buckhead and here you own it!

Also what is the political scene like before an election in Atlanta?, I love working on campaigns, local, state, and national.(Republican)

Here is the description of me I used in a previous post
Personal Facts:
-Male
-Eighteen(seventeen currently)
-Straight
-Preppy
-Conservative
-Very Social
-Irish predominately and a bit Spanish(I look all Irish though)
-Very Street Smart
-From a wealthy family
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 09:44 AM

859 posts, read 2,120,300 times
Your speaking of the Realm building in Buckhead. It was built by the Novare Group. While I'm not a huge fan of Novare (some of their buildings are hit or miss when it comes to construction quality ) it has pretty good amenities and the location is superb. The building has 400 some units and has been hit with foreclosures (like most other similarly priced buildings) which could explain current pricing in the building.

The taxes seem right for the city in fulton county.

Residency Requirements for GSU:
Georgia State University - Residency Requirements

Homestead Exemption:
https://etax.dor.ga.gov/PTD/adm/taxg...homestead.aspx

As far as the politics of the city there are several threads on that, do a quick search in this forum and the politics forum for further information.

Also, do you plan on staying in Atlanta past college? I know you're young and may not know but if you know for sure that you're not, maybe opting for 05 Buckhead or Mezzo may be better, even though it may cost a bit more each month, you can avoid fees and waiting to try and sell, (also realm has a rental cap so you may want to check that out as well if you're thinking about renting) but then again who knows what the market will look like four or so years from now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta