Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 10:31 PM

34 posts, read 106,718 times

Advertisements

I can't give you any advice about Atlanta because I'm not even there myself yet lol but I just wanted to give my 2 cents....I think you pretty much summed up the whole "hood pass" and other non sense that was mentioned in that post. I had to roll my eyes at that. Oh goodness! LOL But, on another note, I saw that you mentioned you wanted to cut your hair and I think that might be a good idea or at least a shorter cut for sure. The pic where you have on a hat close up (looks like you took it of yourself) is the picture I can kinda see how you might look with shorter hair and that would be a good look. As far as the hair line issue (I think that's why you said you keep it long) there should be some way to get around that. I just think having a more groomed look (the way your facial hair was in the pic with D12 was good) will help you out *smile* But a bald man with facial hair looks good to me. You are cute so it shouldn't take much. It's all in the way you carry yourself too.

One other thing (hope I'm not doin' too much here lol) I would keep some of your insecurities to yourself...at least at first. When you find the right woman that's when you share some of that stuff. I know I like a man who appears confident. DO NOT approach a woman with the "I'm white and I'm not sure if you are going to like me" body language. That is a turn off! We all have insecurities but sometimes you have to fake it till you make it. If getting in shape like you mentioned will help you feel better about yourself then do so. Hope the move works out for you!

Old 10-23-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuvalLuvah View Post
Question - Do you know anyone at all in Atlanta?
If not, I would suggest networking a little more to find out about different happenings in and around the city. There is literally, plenty of things to do almost everyday. Take a trip down, look around for a few days. Then you can get a feel of what the deal is.
What you read about Atlanta for the most part is true, but once you get there you will definitely, almost immediately realize that it is more diverse and less controversial than you imagined.
If you plan on living anywhere remotely close to downtown, you will need to have a VERY good income. There is plenty of life everywhere ITP and OTP. You never know, you may get there and realize you might find chiks of all races who are just as amazingly attractive as your current preference.
Reading about Atlanta you need the knowledge of where to look. You may also want to make sure and check OTP, a lot of friends I know live spread out, cities like Snellville, Kennesaw, Lawrenceville, Smyrna..network with all diff types of folks, ask questions, of course here on C-D, you will get some anuses, but for the most part it is really just giving you opinions of fellow ATLiens. Pay no attention to the negative, if this is something you really want, you're opinion, motivation and how you perceive information is on you.
Atlanta is the ish for anyone, IMO, as long as you act with common sense and remain civilized. Enjoy the scene, become a part of it.
You're giving good advice...I'm actually going to take it myself lol but what is ITP and OTP? Oh and C-D. I obviously don't need to be reading these boards after I take a sleeping pill cause I can't figure anything out. lol

Old 10-23-2010, 11:14 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,541,091 times
Its all about you. If you're good with women, you are good with most ANY women. I know some atheist cute black women here so good luck lol. They are few and far between though.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:15 AM

426 posts, read 2,323,335 times
Someone else asked but I don't remember reading your response but what do you plan to do job wise once you get here?? Hussle?....

Old 10-24-2010, 08:29 AM

237 posts, read 458,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa.Beautiful View Post
You're giving good advice...I'm actually going to take it myself lol but what is ITP and OTP? Oh and C-D. I obviously don't need to be reading these boards after I take a sleeping pill cause I can't figure anything out. lol
Atlanta is divided by I285 which basically is like riding around in a huge circle.
ITP - In the Perimeter
OTP - Outside the Perimeter
C-D - City Data Forum

Old 10-24-2010, 10:18 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,576,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankATL View Post
Is this a serious thread?
It seems to be legit. Time will tell

Old 10-24-2010, 10:27 AM

32,032 posts, read 36,837,963 times
Quote:
Atlanta is divided by I285 which basically is like riding around in a huge circle.
ITP - In the Perimeter

Although you can't draw many conclusions about a given area based on whether it is ITP or OTP. Some of the trendier and more urban parts of town are OTP and vice versa.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
ITP - In the Perimeter
C-D - City Data Forum
Ahhh, ok. Now your advice makes even more sense! lol thanks

Old 10-24-2010, 01:11 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,970,601 times
here's what you. Save up a few bucks and go visit Atlanta. Find a hotel that will give you a weekly rate and make sure they are near Marta. That way you can get around town on a weekly pass. As for women in Atlanta there's too many to choose from. All the time women come to Atlanta to find a southern man but then they see the competition and they go back home.

Here's a true story. One guy got off the plane to ATL. Went out that night to a club. Met a woman the night and did their thing. Nine months later, waaaa, waaa, = Child Support...LOL

Just go visit the city/area you'll either like or hat it. as for sports it's a great town..

Old 10-24-2010, 02:05 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,408,981 times
Did this dude really say he wouldnt move here unless he was making 75K? LMAO.... what is this NYC now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta