Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 02:43 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,244,748 times

Advertisements

Oh the statistic about half of black women having STDs? Oh that's silly I wouldn't really waste a lot of time with that hogwash. While yes, we (black folks) should be aware of the higher likely hood of catching something, the idea that half have STDs is overexagerated at best and a flat out lie at worst.

If you're so concerned about it use protection. If not make sure she's on birth control.

Problem solved.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:02 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
Oh the statistic about half of black women having STDs? Oh that's silly I wouldn't really waste a lot of time with that hogwash. While yes, we (black folks) should be aware of the higher likely hood of catching something, the idea that half have STDs is overexagerated at best and a flat out lie at worst.

If you're so concerned about it use protection. If not make sure she's on birth control.

Problem solved.
Ghetto Grandmothers.....

Old 10-29-2010, 03:06 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Mustve been at the last klan meeting because that percentage is ridiculously WRONG in every age bracket and youll never see him post statistics to back it up.
ok B. Hornet enough about the STDs, lets talk about Ghetto GrandMothers.....Do you know any?

Old 10-29-2010, 03:07 PM

281 posts, read 617,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post

Problem solved.
http:/health.usnews.com/usnews/health/healthday/080311/one-in-4-teen-girls-has-a-sexually-transmitted-disease.htm (broken link)
Please note where it says 48% of african-american teenage girls have an STD. This is not just herpes as the previous study mentioned, but also includes chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphillis etc. I guess the cdc just made the number up because they are racist. Just like the racist CIA imported crack to the ghetto. Laughable. Once again, open your mouth and insert your foot.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:28 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
http:/health.usnews.com/usnews/health/healthday/080311/one-in-4-teen-girls-has-a-sexually-transmitted-disease.htm (broken link)
Please note where it says 48% of african-american teenage girls have an STD. This is not just herpes as the previous study mentioned, but also includes chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphillis etc. I guess the cdc just made the number up because they are racist. Just like the racist CIA imported crack to the ghetto. Laughable. Once again, open your mouth and insert your foot.
Im not debating whether or not your fact is true or not,Dont even want to get into that.Its more conjecture than anything.But dont be so quick to say that our government is so morally upright that it would not do something so horrible as importing crack into the ghetto.Not saying they did or did not.Hsitory has been re-written on several occasion and still this day with talk of crimes the government has committed on its own citizen.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:16 PM

106 posts, read 232,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Im not debating whether or not your fact is true or not,Dont even want to get into that.Its more conjecture than anything.But dont be so quick to say that our government is so morally upright that it would not do something so horrible as importing crack into the ghetto.Not saying they did or did not.Hsitory has been re-written on several occasion and still this day with talk of crimes the government has committed on its own citizen.

Yes, our government has been peddling drugs of all SORTS to the American people, and not only that, they TAX drug dealers in America in order to keep profits/revenue coming. That's a crazy statement I know, but it's very true, it's really something in our society that is largely overlooked.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:52 PM

927 posts, read 2,226,222 times
This is the most fascinating thread OF ALL TIME *shout out to Kanye*

Moving on, I'm a black female, and my last bf was actually a white atheist who exclusively dated black women. He never approached me with the obvious, "I'm white and you're black" line. It was simply, here's my number let's hang out. Simple and effective.

There are ALL sorts of black chicks here, and many I'm sure who'd float your boat and would want to get to know you as well. You DON'T need 75k to make it here, you don't have to worry about not finding enough diverse nightspots, and you DON'T to feel like your whiteness will be some huge obstacle. It won't be.

Some suggested spots for a diverse crowd:
- MJQ (bar/club)- Wednesday, Friday nights
- El Bar (bar/club)- Thursday nights
- Little 5 Points (neighborhood)- Any time
- East Atlanta (neighborhood)- Any time
- Any Hawks or Falcons game (come in April for the NBA, in March a lot of folk leave the city for FL)
- Primal (nightclub)- Friday or Saturday

Once you get in the groove and make some friends, unless you're comfortable being the only white dude now, you can feel free to explore Opera on Thursday Nights, Life on Saturdays, Sutra on Fridays or Saturdays, Luckie on Friday nights, and, the ultimate haven of fine blackness, Compound (these are all night clubs and more pretentious than MJQ and El Bar, so come here only if your confidence game is UP. I don't mean cocky, but that you find an inner peace with who and how you are). My ex bf's Indian friend swears by Club Miami. It's certainly hood, but that may be more or less a good thing (less pretentious, but possibly a little tougher, less open crowd).

Don't know what your job situation will be like, but try working at a local retail store (a record store would be good for you since you're into music) or local restaurant in one of the diverse neighborhoods, like Little 5 points. You could make friends with your co-workers and meet lots of people. I say local because it brings a specific element that you'd be attracted to as opposed to any ol' chain restaurant or store.

Good luck homie. I think you should give it a shot, especially if you're miserable where you're at.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:34 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
Why didnt you respond to my post? Is it because YOU know just like I do that these stats are a sham and that I can easily discredit you, again? Oh, and you mean the link with the CIA and Ricky Ross where the person that actually SUPPLIED the cocaine that he bought was EMPLOYED by the DEA? Uh.. this is a known fact. Google isnt hard to use. Look up the CIA Contra link to the black community in California. It trips me out when people act like the government CANT possibly do things wrong and that all is fair here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_R...rug_trafficker)

Step out of your myopic box and see reality. Posting a new link didnt show anything different and if you believe half of black women have an std you're a dumb as these skewed statistics. I guess the Tuskegee experiments never happened either huh? Going into the "HOOD" and going to free clinics to fetch results from people that are likely to have an std ANYWAY vs using regular hospital results for non ethnics is pretty much what WE have come to expect these days.

People like you always amuse me, you have nothing positive to say about black folks on the internet but in person I bet youre one of those clutch your purse and run to the other side of the street people when you see us huh?

Old 10-31-2010, 08:44 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,172 times
This thread has been very amusing. Thanks

Old 10-31-2010, 09:27 AM

62 posts, read 145,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchick86 View Post
This is the most fascinating thread OF ALL TIME *shout out to Kanye*

Moving on, I'm a black female, and my last bf was actually a white atheist who exclusively dated black women. He never approached me with the obvious, "I'm white and you're black" line. It was simply, here's my number let's hang out. Simple and effective.

There are ALL sorts of black chicks here, and many I'm sure who'd float your boat and would want to get to know you as well. You DON'T need 75k to make it here, you don't have to worry about not finding enough diverse nightspots, and you DON'T to feel like your whiteness will be some huge obstacle. It won't be.

Some suggested spots for a diverse crowd:
- MJQ (bar/club)- Wednesday, Friday nights
- El Bar (bar/club)- Thursday nights
- Little 5 Points (neighborhood)- Any time
- East Atlanta (neighborhood)- Any time
- Any Hawks or Falcons game (come in April for the NBA, in March a lot of folk leave the city for FL)
- Primal (nightclub)- Friday or Saturday

Once you get in the groove and make some friends, unless you're comfortable being the only white dude now, you can feel free to explore Opera on Thursday Nights, Life on Saturdays, Sutra on Fridays or Saturdays, Luckie on Friday nights, and, the ultimate haven of fine blackness, Compound (these are all night clubs and more pretentious than MJQ and El Bar, so come here only if your confidence game is UP. I don't mean cocky, but that you find an inner peace with who and how you are). My ex bf's Indian friend swears by Club Miami. It's certainly hood, but that may be more or less a good thing (less pretentious, but possibly a little tougher, less open crowd).

Don't know what your job situation will be like, but try working at a local retail store (a record store would be good for you since you're into music) or local restaurant in one of the diverse neighborhoods, like Little 5 points. You could make friends with your co-workers and meet lots of people. I say local because it brings a specific element that you'd be attracted to as opposed to any ol' chain restaurant or store.

Good luck homie. I think you should give it a shot, especially if you're miserable where you're at.
Thank you, I was aware I'm facinating, not to mention good looking.

Your BF sounds really weird.
Are you religious?

Is it just the college folk in FL?

Wait so the black only Compound has finer chicks than any of the mixed crowd places?
I'm not big on pretentious personally, in fact it might be my least favorite trait.
Well I certainly have no inner peace, I don't want it yet though, I'm not done with the phase I'm in now from a creative standpoint.
I'd like to check out Compound after what you said but I really doubt it would be a good idea.

There's still record stores? I really don't see a big difference between working at a chain and working at an indepent restaraunt, you'll meet people either way.

Anyway thanks for all the info, best post thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowOldGetWise View Post
Yes, our government has been peddling drugs of all SORTS to the American people, and not only that, they TAX drug dealers in America in order to keep profits/revenue coming. That's a crazy statement I know, but it's very true, it's really something in our society that is largely overlooked.
Don't forget about 9/11. and I do believe that the CIA unleashed crack into ghettos and AIDS into the gay community to ethically cleanse.
George H.W. Bush's 12 year term was the end for this country, it'll never be the same again. The world is run by Illuminati Devil worshipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
This thread has been very amusing. Thanks
You're welcome, I'm serious though. I even posted a video in a z share link you probably missed, I can post another one addressing this forum if you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta