Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 08:51 PM

8 posts, read 66,049 times

Advertisements

I love eating in restaurants that have a great atmosphere...something fun or different...hopefully with great food, too. Any suggestions for places in either Marietta or the metro Atlanta area?
BTW, Greenwoods on Green Street in Roswell is pretty neat. Their food is sort of home cooking/southern style. They have a nice flower garden out front and you can sit on their porch which overlooks other gardens, including their vegetable garden. Very relaxing. They are also know for their amazing home baked pies. I think they are closed a few days a week, so call before going. Also, they don't take credit cards...unless that has changed recently. Can't wait to hear everyone's suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 09:01 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
This isn't here, but next time you're taking a day trip North to the Chattanooga area: Check out "Big River Grille" across from the Chattanooga Aquarium. Large, with low light, hardwood large plank floors, exposed brick walls, exposed wood beams on the ceilings. VERY nice atmosphere and great food. If you want a drink, a nice car area as well. Outdoor seating is limited but in front of the place and right along the main drag and you can watch tourists, etc.

I live in West Cobb. Everything out here is cookie-cutter big chain crap, so I can't recommend anything local that has "atmosphere" that doesn't consist of baby strollers. LOL. When I want to escape the cookie cutter AND the traffic, I really do these days just head up to Chattanooga.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:14 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,739,067 times
Oh, c'mon atlantagreg. If Atlanta has one thing going for it, it's incredible food and yes, even unique and eclectic atmospheres. Here are a few to try:

AVRA in Midtown for Greek Food
Mary Mac's Tearoom in Midtown for great old fashioned Southern Cuisine
Souper Jenny's in Buckhead for soups and salads
C'om on Buford Highway or Dunwoody for Vietnamese
Java Jive in Midtown for breakfast
Watershed in Decatur for unique spin on continental
Chocolate Pink in Midtown for dessert
Rathbuns in Inman Park for the best meal you'll ever eat in Atlanta
Sotto Sotto for Italian in Inman Park

i could go on...

Old 07-15-2007, 09:18 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettea1 View Post
Oh, c'mon atlantagreg. If Atlanta has one thing going for it, it's incredible food and yes, even unique and eclectic atmospheres. Here are a few to try:

AVRA in Midtown for Greek Food
Ok, yeah, AVRA is good. And I'll add "The Vortex" in Little Five Points if you like funky people with tattoos and body piercings (but damn good burgers and sandwiches).

Hey, like I said, I live in West Cobb now. I don't drive an hour to get into the city just to eat. LOL

Old 07-15-2007, 09:32 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,739,067 times
You've got to get out more! It's not that far...

Old 07-16-2007, 06:09 AM

8 posts, read 66,049 times
Default Great suggestions!

Thanks AtlantaGreg and Sweetea...can't wait to try the restaurants you suggested! If I think of a few more good ones today...I'll post them tonight when I get home from work. That's usually the way you find out about the best places...word of mouth.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:51 AM

894 posts, read 4,349,672 times
Like Atlantagregg, I don't like chains either. I am snobby when it comes to dining.

We ate a restaurant in downtown Woodstock. I think it was either Magnolia Thomas or Thomas Magnolia. Very quaint, hardwood floors, different rooms, nice atmosphere. And the food was excellent, very fresh.

We also found Fuscos (italian) in downtown Ackworth that was very good.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:30 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times
Trader Vic's downtown. The food is not outstanding, but it's a fun place to go for drinks from time to time.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:53 AM

425 posts, read 1,755,607 times
Go hang out with foodies and chowhounds at atlantacuisine dot com forum. You'll figure out what restaurants exist on hype alone.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:09 PM

563 posts, read 2,773,787 times
I like Rare in Midtown...the tapas are so-so (the exception is the lobster macaroni and cheese), but the drinks are definitely worth noting.

Last edited by DoveDiva; 07-16-2007 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: added more information!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta