Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 05:43 AM

389 posts, read 1,230,038 times

Advertisements

FL homeowner's insurance is outrageous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 01:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,429 times
I live in Orlando, and am moving to Atlanta. I cannot STAND FL. There are more prisons and more felons per-capita here than in states with 10x the population. The crime (even WAY out in the boondocks) beats most metro area suburbs in ANY city in the U.S. I've lived in 61 cities in 4 countries, and due to needing to stay near my GF's Family we've compromised and decided to make the leap to GA. I am curious as to how it is now versus the origination date of this old post, but based on what her family says and what I've researched, I cannot find a SINGLE redeeming factor for Orlando versus Atlanta.
Racism runs RAMPANT here, and due to the influx of tourism from all over the world, and FL's SAD attempt at being a "melting pot" this causes extensive ego-clashing and MAJOR cultural issues. People here are NOT friendly, they DON'T accept people from outside of FL, and EVERYTHING is "That black dude" or "Whatchou gon' do cracka'?" (and that just may happen bumping carts at Wal Mart). This place is AWFUL.
I'm sure things have changed since this was originally posted, but my research and knowledge comes from May-2014, and this is apparently one of the most current searchable topics related online at this time.
Florida is Super-Colon-Blow v200,000,0000. End of discussion.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:15 AM

226 posts, read 276,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Shade_Chylde View Post
I live in Orlando, and am moving to Atlanta. I cannot STAND FL. There are more prisons and more felons per-capita here than in states with 10x the population. The crime (even WAY out in the boondocks) beats most metro area suburbs in ANY city in the U.S. I've lived in 61 cities in 4 countries, and due to needing to stay near my GF's Family we've compromised and decided to make the leap to GA. I am curious as to how it is now versus the origination date of this old post, but based on what her family says and what I've researched, I cannot find a SINGLE redeeming factor for Orlando versus Atlanta.
Racism runs RAMPANT here, and due to the influx of tourism from all over the world, and FL's SAD attempt at being a "melting pot" this causes extensive ego-clashing and MAJOR cultural issues. People here are NOT friendly, they DON'T accept people from outside of FL, and EVERYTHING is "That black dude" or "Whatchou gon' do cracka'?" (and that just may happen bumping carts at Wal Mart). This place is AWFUL.
I'm sure things have changed since this was originally posted, but my research and knowledge comes from May-2014, and this is apparently one of the most current searchable topics related online at this time.
Florida is Super-Colon-Blow v200,000,0000. End of discussion.
You lived in 61 cities? What is up with all this moving around? You move like every 3 months or something?

Old 05-09-2014, 07:35 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,533,081 times
Orlando is better for vacation,
Prices are higher
Atlanta isn't as high as Orlando depending on location
Both cities have pros and cons
Both cities have large tourist attractions

Old 05-13-2014, 12:43 PM

103 posts, read 128,971 times
Orlando .. Disney World. . haha No seriously Orlando the city is a very odd place to live in my opinion. I visited Orlando a long time ago and didn't get a sense of community there. Orlando is more of a tourist town while Atlanta is more of a place you settle down in.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:50 PM

103 posts, read 128,971 times
61 cities ??? I bet you're tired. lol I do agree the major cities in Florida are geared towards division rather than a true melting pot. Most of the Florida problem is they have so many people that are living around other cultures different then theirs for the first time and they do not know how to deal with it. The major cities in Florida are beautiful but the people that live there make it uncomfortable for others. Unless you're cuban in South Florida, you can expect to feel unwelcome at some point.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:23 PM

7 posts, read 11,242 times
Thought I was the only one that didn't like orlando. As a native of metro atlanta I never adjusted to life here. I'm going back to Atlanta as soon as I get the chance. Don't get me wrong central florida is a beautiful area but coming from an African Americans point of view, it's pretty racist down here.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:59 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomno00 View Post
I think both places are very similar. Both are car dependent cities. Both have good and bad parts. Both have similar crime statistics. Both have good and bad schools. Both have pretty good night life. If you have no family ties to either area, then I would choose orlando just for the fact that traffic isn't as bad and the beaches aren't too far.
I like Coaco Beach gets pretty live out there in the Summer.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:04 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Well, Florida has no state income tax. But I think Florida is buggy (or more so) and alligators are in every body of water.
Atlanta has nicer summers, and most of Florida is nicer in the winter. I like the alligators. Atlanta and to the north would be better for summers; it has the best summer weather in all the deep south states.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:09 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Shade_Chylde View Post
(and that just may happen bumping carts at Wal Mart). This place is AWFUL.
. End of discussion.
They do not call them buggies?
That IS awful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta