Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 03:00 PM

3,709 posts, read 5,985,671 times

Advertisements

Whoever left me this rep point:

Quote:
I cannot BELEIVE you would tell ppl to drink on MARTA? Are you trying to get them in trouble??? That is so incredibly foolish. Who knows what else they will do? DRINKING ON MARTA?? SMH.
...should learn to read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 03:13 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,643,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHarris View Post
This is really sad. In my view, it takes away some of the credibility of those who have truly been victims of crime on MARTA and anywhere else.

Local journalist changes story, says he wasn't attack victim on MARTA

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/local-journalist-changes-story-929684.html
WOW! What a moron! But I am not shocked. I would not put anything past anyone these days.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:11 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Urbanist View Post
Well as long as you're taking MARTA while stirring things up in the city, that's some consolation.
It'll either be that or the limo, assuming Chauncey remembered to get the Bentley tuned up. He knows how I hate to ride in a vehicle that's not properly maintained.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:21 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,308,673 times
That Maynard Eaton guy probably had a work laptop & was searching for an excuse for why he broke it. Unfortunately he decided to latch onto the "MARTA thugs" excuse given that for most of Georgia, MARTA= inner city = black people = crime. I wish that we could call out folks who do that that sort of thing, even moreso when it's a journalist who has the position of being the guardian of the fourth estate.

It's no different from how some white women who get themselves caught up in some bullcrap of their own doing would use a non-existent black or hispanic man as a scapegoat. Susan Smith comes to mind. Jennifer Carroll Wilbanks, the infamous "runaway bride" is another. I will also throw in Ashley Todd, the McCain staffer in October 2008 who carved a backwards "B" on her face & blamed it on a black man.

This stuff really takes the cake sometimes. I really wish that this society would get over its pathology obsession with crapping on minorities.

(And yes, I know that Maynard Eaton is a black man, but my comments still stand.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHarris View Post
This is really sad. In my view, it takes away some of the credibility of those who have truly been victims of crime on MARTA and anywhere else.

Local journalist changes story, says he wasn't attack victim on MARTA

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/local-journalist-changes-story-929684.html

Last edited by AcidSnake; 04-29-2011 at 04:47 PM..

Old 04-29-2011, 07:06 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Maybe I'll go out and stir something up this evening. The old white dude contingent has been too quiet lately and I feel an attack of the urban lifestyle coming on.

LOL

With recent events in mind, I'm keeping my brown butt at home tonight and catch up on my Golden Girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: