Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this just a typical weekend in "da ATL"?
Yes 12 63.16%
No 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 09:14 PM

46 posts, read 85,563 times

Advertisements

Posted: 6:35 am EDT May 6, 2011
Updated: 9:35 am EDT May 7, 2011
DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- Police are still trying to piece together what led to a triple murder in a DeKalb County neighborhood. They say it started with an argument and ended in a standoff.
It happened at about 4:40 a.m. along Tally Ho Drive Thursday.
Charles Reeves, who witnessed the incident, said he was woken up from a fight going on in the middle of the street. “The young lady was screaming. She was screaming loud, ‘Please help me! Help me! Please don’t kill me!’” he said.
Reeves said when he went outside he saw a man hitting the woman with a gun in the middle of Tally Ho Drive. The woman got away, but then, he said it got even worse.
“I seen the young man go to the backseat of the car and I thought he was pulling a bag or something out. He pulled a body out. Then he went to the driver’s side, pulled out another body,” Reeves said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 09:21 PM

Default 1 Dead After Shooting At Underground Atlanta

Posted: 9:26 am EDT May 7, 2011
Updated: 10:54 am EDT May 8, 2011
ATLANTA -- Police said a man died after being shot in the entrance to Underground Atlanta.
The victim, police said, was shot in the back. Channel 2’s George Howell was at the scene of the shooting and saw medics rushed the victim to the hospital and blocked off this entrance to Underground Atlanta.
Milton Rutledge heard the shots. "I heard somebody say pop, pop, pop, pop, pop! And I seen a guy with a black shirt run off. And I ain't seen no security or nothing over there," Rutledge said.
Atlanta police told Howell they got the call around 9 p.m. Friday night. Detectives said Demons Hambrick was in a glass enclosure when someone pulled a gun.
"For unknown reasons, the suspect produced a handgun. Discharged it at least four times, striking the victim at least once in the back," Keith Meadows with Atlanta police said.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:24 PM

Default Teen shot after throwing rocks

11:03 p.m. Sunday, May 8, 2011

A 13-year-old was in stable condition after he was shot Saturday evening while throwing rocks at cars in southwest Atlanta, police said.

Police said the teen was throwing rocks at about 7:30 p.m. near Stephens and McDaniel streets when a rock broke the rear windshield of a car driven by Alex Williams.

Williams allegedly pulled a gun and shot the teen in the hip, Atlanta police spokeswoman Kim Jones said.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:07 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,023,100 times
- First off, stop bumping up your thread because nobody has responded. This is a violation

- Second, our crime is not as bad as Dallas, DC, New Orleans, Bmore, Philly, Memphis, Chicago, etc

-Third, most of that happened in the suburbs, not in Atlanta

-4th, there are already crime thread. Stop posting the same topic daily

Old 05-09-2011, 06:03 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,492,687 times
missed this one---i heard about the incident in Fulton county--a minister shot a teen that was throwing rocks at his car----

ITS ON-May, then June, July, August---school will be out soon. I can only hope that someone remembers last June--the incident at Piedmont Park. APD --i will try to stay away from them. I noticce DPD around--I know them well enough to know they will be 'motivated'. I saw a Ga State Patrol on PIB--just waiting.

just do something--any member of law enforcement is on high alert--I drove from Clairmont to Canton and back again yesterday--no traffic until I tried to return--Perimeter Mall. I could have been involved in a terrible wreck--!@#! behind me--SUV--a red one. Just hold your horses, buddy boy that is what i said.

and of Course, Commencement at Emory--no hope of going anywhere in a car today.

Homeland Security--Janet Napolitano?---liberals--not really--independent thinkers--if that is still ok--none to sure that it is. To live within minutes and not be able to think--that bothers me. I can and I do---and pay dearly for that. If you only knew.
http://www.emory.edu/home/about/history/commencement.html (broken link)

randomly clicked AJC--the headline is now about the rock throwing incident---it will be the end of the day before anyone writes something about Emory-and when it is written --will it be worth reading?

when i look at my post--i see what has happened to me---a complete 'victim' of my culture--'Gimme 3 steps to the Right'--? steve miller band, IIRC--coming to Chastain in June---if you have the coin that should be fun. I would prefer Manfred Mann--and others--they tour Europe--won't come to the US. That's ok--i know the music and can find a way to hear it when i want to.

http://www.emory.edu/home/about/history/commencement.html (broken link)

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-09-2011 at 06:45 AM..

Old 05-09-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
- First off, stop bumping up your thread because nobody has responded. This is a violation

- Second, our crime is not as bad as Dallas, DC, New Orleans, Bmore, Philly, Memphis, Chicago, etc

-Third, most of that happened in the suburbs, not in Atlanta

-4th, there are already crime thread. Stop posting the same topic daily

it's bad enough---when things get rolling you know there is going to be something Worse---if I am 'collateral damage' in something completely senseless i will be upset.

I can tell you this--if a family of ethnicity in my neighborhood doesn't keep their chihauhau in the house and I am the one to kill their dog---after trying to tell them that this is important many times as nicely as I can---I think i will just die.

fighting---winning --gets everyone in rare form--one gender more than the other, jmo

insanity absolute insanity --The VICTORY----it is a good thing but a lot more to be done

Old 05-09-2011, 06:51 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdf2011 View Post
ATLANTA -- Police said a man died after being shot in the entrance to Underground Atlanta.
The victim, police said, was shot in the back. Channel 2’s George Howell was at the scene of the shooting and saw medics rushed the victim to the hospital and blocked off this entrance to Underground Atlanta.

Milton Rutledge heard the shots. "I heard somebody say pop, pop, pop, pop, pop! And I seen a guy with a black shirt run off. And I ain't seen no security or nothing over there," Rutledge said.

Atlanta police told Howell they got the call around 9 p.m. Friday night. Detectives said Demons Hambrick was in a glass enclosure when someone pulled a gun.

"For unknown reasons, the suspect produced a handgun. Discharged it at least four times, striking the victim at least once in the back," Keith Meadows with Atlanta police said.
Another guy was shot and killed near there yesterday. I know crime can happen anywhere and that it's just a part of the urban life, but these incidents help create a perception that the area around the Five Points MARTA station has safety issues.

Man shot and killed on downtown street *| ajc.com

Old 05-09-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Another guy was shot and killed near there yesterday. I know crime can happen anywhere and that it's just a part of the urban life, but these incidents help create a perception that the area around the Five Points MARTA station has safety issues.

Man shot and killed on downtown street *| ajc.com
and the truth is--in this 'village'--when Something happens--as it did this past week--old issues are on everyone's mind--some, inclined to take action types get righteous, or stop thinking, become emotional and there are 'fires' throughout the village--that is my theory--i have been told in is incorrect.

Guns--i wouldn't hesitate to use one at times but know that i am not the sort that needs to have one. a knife, a stick, a chemical---knowing where to attack---i can do that

i think i will look into this--
Happy Science Atlanta | Center for Spiritual Growth and Meditation (http://www.happyscience-atlanta.org/ - broken link)

I heard about it
on the radio last night--i heard an assortment of ideas --Clark Howard--consumerism, 'the Chinese --we had better get our act together because the Chinese will do it better'---then Happy Science--i plan to go and see what is going on--Chinese--yes, they know a few things that might be useful here----keep the pot stirred--let's do that

Old 05-09-2011, 09:20 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,533,103 times
Unfortunately, these insanely violent multiple murders happen pretty often in the Atlanta area. Maybe not every single weekend but still often enough to make you think "WTF?!"

Old 05-09-2011, 09:22 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,571,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdf2011 View Post
Dang...i didnt even hear about this one. I was just at UA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta