Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2011, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,420 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!

This is my first time asking the web for advice but I don't know anyone in Atlanta. To get the best answer I will tell you the following about myself. I am moving to Atlanta to begin my legal career at a job downtown. I am posting this to seek advice on the best apartment complexes for (I know this is such a cliche, but) "young professionals". I have been doing research and am liking Midtown. It's just me, and I would like to rent a 1 bedroom near Piedmont park with all the fixings [gym, pool, location, etc]. Proximity to a grocery store is important too. I will spend 1,000-1,200 a month. Most of all, I'd like to be somewhere that facilitates meeting other people since I'll need to develop some sort of a life outside work.

Right now I live in a part of New Olreans that is residential with lots of small businesses, bars, restaurants, music venues and parks mixed in. You can pretty much walk/ride a bike anywhere. I absolutely love it. I think it might be more similar to how I am hearing Buckhead described. That said, I still think Midtown might be a better match for me with the commute to work and access to Piedmont. I really want more of a city feel. Anyway, if any Atlantans would be willing to share thier wisdom on this please do so. I am looking for details I can't just get on websites- what are the best Midtown places to live for someone like me? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 08:48 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,987,701 times
Midtown will work very well for you. I would suggest renting a high rise condo unit--sometimes these can be rented directly from the owner, other times buildings manage the process (although they are typically still privately-owned). Most buildings have all the amenities. Some of them can be had for <$1,200/mo, although prices are going up, up, up lately.

Buckhead has lots of tall buildings but is far more suburban-feeling. In Buckhead, you drive. In Midtown, you walk.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:35 PM

85 posts, read 186,985 times
Young professional here from Dallas. Do Midtown man, you can walk everywhere.

I move into my 31st floor condo on 11/1, best decision I evar made!

Old 10-14-2011, 02:00 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola1218 View Post
Hey everyone!

This is my first time asking the web for advice but I don't know anyone in Atlanta. To get the best answer I will tell you the following about myself. I am moving to Atlanta to begin my legal career at a job downtown. I am posting this to seek advice on the best apartment complexes for (I know this is such a cliche, but) "young professionals". I have been doing research and am liking Midtown. It's just me, and I would like to rent a 1 bedroom near Piedmont park with all the fixings [gym, pool, location, etc]. Proximity to a grocery store is important too. I will spend 1,000-1,200 a month. Most of all, I'd like to be somewhere that facilitates meeting other people since I'll need to develop some sort of a life outside work.

Right now I live in a part of New Olreans that is residential with lots of small businesses, bars, restaurants, music venues and parks mixed in. You can pretty much walk/ride a bike anywhere. I absolutely love it. I think it might be more similar to how I am hearing Buckhead described. That said, I still think Midtown might be a better match for me with the commute to work and access to Piedmont. I really want more of a city feel. Anyway, if any Atlantans would be willing to share thier wisdom on this please do so. I am looking for details I can't just get on websites- what are the best Midtown places to live for someone like me? Thanks in advance!
^testa50 gave good advice in the above post.

Check out craigslist and creative loafing for condo rentals. There are a lot in Midtown, and the amenities in the newer towers can't be beat.

For apartments, try promove. They are a free service that many have used.

And Midtown is the neighborhood that sounds similar to where you are now. Buckhead is very nice, but not nearly as walkable or convenient to your new office. Welcome!

Old 10-16-2011, 06:52 PM

580 posts, read 1,421,893 times
Yes Midtown is the best option for you!! I can tell you this though .... the atmosphere in Midtown compares nothing to New Orleans!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: