Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 09:04 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,660,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonyfarms View Post
We are looking at moving to Woodstock from Greenville SC. How do you like it? I'd love to know what area to look for that is near downtown (to rent). THANKS!
downtown Atlanta or downtown Woodstock?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 09:30 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
There's a brand new apartment complex that just opened right behind the shops on Main Street in Woodstock called Woodstock West:

Woodstock West by Walton Apartments in Woodstock GA

If you're looking to rent a condo or house, there are condos right in downtown Woodstock, and a whole development of single-family homes right behind Main Street on the East side of Main.

What are you looking for, and what are you looking to spend?

Old 05-15-2013, 08:32 PM

554 posts, read 977,322 times
We just moved to Woodstock last week. We were living in fla. Woodstock is pretty nice, the downtown does have a nice vibe to it. As far as commute. I go from Ragsdale rd to Windward parkway. If I leave at 7:00am or after 9:00, it is a 30 min drive. If I leave at 7:30-8:00 it is an hour to an hour 15. Needless to say, I got my work schedule adjusted to avoid rush hour so I can have the 30 min drives.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:14 PM

113 posts, read 343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterjohn View Post
We just moved to Woodstock last week. We were living in fla. Woodstock is pretty nice, the downtown does have a nice vibe to it. As far as commute. I go from Ragsdale rd to Windward parkway. If I leave at 7:00am or after 9:00, it is a 30 min drive. If I leave at 7:30-8:00 it is an hour to an hour 15. Needless to say, I got my work schedule adjusted to avoid rush hour so I can have the 30 min drives.
Were you living in the Tampa area? How do you like Woodstock compared to Florida?

Old 05-16-2013, 07:36 PM

6 posts, read 7,695 times
I meant downton Atlanta. Yes, we are looking to spend 200K-250K.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:22 PM

554 posts, read 977,322 times
Well, I loved living in St. Pete with the temps near 80 on Christmas and New Years. Also loved going to lunch on Central Ave every day and driving up and down Gulf blvd. We loved St. Pete. As far as the Atlanta goes, Woodstock is a decent place to live. it's not the laid back touristy lifestyle that we are used to but compared to East coast cities I have lived in, it's still pretty laid back. The scenery is nice here though, especially if you go 50 or more miles north into the mountains.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:37 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,496,468 times
Quote:
We are looking at moving to Woodstock from Greenville SC. How do you like it? I'd love to know what area to look for that is near downtown (to rent). THANKS!
Quote:
I meant downton Atlanta. Yes, we are looking to spend 200K-250K.
...There's a substantial difference between Woodstock and Downtown Atlanta as Woodstock is roughly 30 miles from Downtown Atlanta through what can often be some very-challenging and just downright rough morning & evening rush-hour commutes on Interstates 75 & 575.

Though rush-hour commutes by way of the I-75/I-575 roadways can be particularly rough on some days, the commute is worth it as Woodstock is a nice place to live with very low crime, great scenery with lots of vegetation, rolling hills, great neighborhoods and good schools.

Though some good news about the often-grueling rush-hour commutes between Downtown Atlanta and Cherokee County where Woodstock is located is that there are 2 express commuter bus routes connecting the Woodstock area with Downtown Atlanta, both of which are spectulated to be precursors to commuter rail service someday between Cherokee County and Atlanta.
http://www.xpressga.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=76&Itemi d=75

Also be warned that there has been reported to be occasional but increasing shortages of available housing on the market in some coveted Intown Atlanta neighborhoods and in some areas of North Metro Atlanta counties with good schools (Cobb, Cherokee, Forsyth, North Fulton, Gwinnett counties) with a recovering real estate market being driven by investors and the increased activity from a slightly (but slowly) improving economy.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:25 PM

6 posts, read 7,695 times
I just saw the express bus option and that would work well for my husband. He has two companies looking at him. One in downtown Atlanta and one near the 575/75 connection. So we'll see what happens!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta