Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:24 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,551,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
None of that is even in the same ballpark...as usual you don't know what you're talking about. Good lord, in a pregnancy situation there is a mother AND a father. This is not pregnancy we're talking about.

I totally believe that in 2012, people should know better than to have casual unprotected sex...and if they do, it's their responsibility to deal with the possible consequences - not someone else's. If you feel differently then fine, go have as much unprotected sex as you won't. But don't be surprised when not everyone you meet discloses his/her hiv status. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't...and if you want to stay negative then it's on you to take precautions.
you really arent too bright are you? If you knowingly have HIV and have sex with someone YOU should be held accountable. HIV is a deadly disease and whoever go around exposing it to others people should be put in jail...period! jeez!

Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 AM

6,610 posts, read 9,038,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
you really arent too bright are you? If you knowingly have HIV and have sex with someone YOU should be held accountable. HIV is a deadly disease and whoever go around exposing it to others people should be put in jail...period! jeez!
I'm bright enough to take care of my own health and not depend on other people to disclose information. The "not too bright" person is the healthy one having sex without using a condom. You can blame it on other people all you want, but it comes down to personal responsibilty.

HIV is not a deadly disease anymore...it's a chronic disease, meaning it's one that people LIVE with. You need to catch up - HIV used to mean death was imminent, but not anymore.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:28 AM

6,610 posts, read 9,038,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Dude, it's 2012. Go ahead and have "an assumed understanding" if you want. As was stated, there are a bunch of people out there with stuff that they don't even know about. Ultimately, it's your own responsibility to protect yourself. I'm not excusing reckless behavior, but one's own sexual health is in his/her hands.
Assumptions go both ways...one can assume that someone having unprotected sex must be positive just the same way that one can assume someone having unprotected sex must be negative.

Healthy people should be more concerned about their own well being...I wouldn't place my good health in someone else's hands. I'm not saying that it's okay for HIV positive people to go around purposefully deceiving unsuspecting victims, but just always have safe sex and there is nothing for anyone to worry about, right?

Last edited by JoeTarheel; 09-07-2012 at 11:46 AM..

Old 09-07-2012, 01:50 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
Since people can't seem to play nice (again)....

sound of door closing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta