Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 12:04 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,876,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliWestCoast View Post
To GerryTheSnake: The only reason I'm here because I happened to see this thread about Atlanta being a 24 hour city. I can comment here if I want I once lived in Atlanta and I'm telling the truth about the lies you guys are telling. Just because the Waffle Houses and Walmarts are 24 hours doesn't mean the city itself is and I witnessed it myself that it's not a 24 hour city and if that's the case there are plenty of other cities with Walmarts and other restaurants that are 24 hours so I guess that makes them 24 hours cities too, SMH lol. Plus I didn't come on here for you to send your ridiculous comments towards me all because I commented that Atlanta isn't 24 hours, and my comment wasn't even directed towards you in the first place. But since you don't know how to mind your own business I will finish what you started. Don't start nothing you can't finish
while i think your previous post was stupid, i do agree with your assessment. atlanta isn't a 24-hour city because we have some chain stores that stay open. this topic is absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 01:21 AM

96 posts, read 133,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
But you are in the Atlanta forum. You could be in the California forum, traveling, reading, etc but you chose to come in the Atlanta forum. That makes us feel special that you love us this much all the way out in Cali I think it is so cute that you have a cali name but you stay thinking about Atlanta 24/7. You don't see me going to the Sacaboringmento forum because I know the city is boring
Lol if Sacramento is so boring then how come there's more crimes in Atlanta than here. Because we all know criminals get bored easily so they go out commiting crimes because life sucks for them, and they have to ruin the lives of others all because they're to lazy to go get off their behinds and get a job or go back to school and educate themselves. At this point you're not even worth a response because I know I'm talking to an ignorant slave minded Atlantan that's probably never stepped foot out of your city and you're living a lie thinking that Atlanta is 24 hours based Waffle Houses and Walmart stores. Plus I already know that you're going to send more pathetic worthless comments towards me but they will ignored, and I admit I was tripping going back and forth with you about this pointless topic so I'm going to get my mind right and be the mature adult and move forward with life.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:55 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,876,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliWestCoast View Post
Lol if Sacramento is so boring then how come there's more crimes in Atlanta than here. Because we all know criminals get bored easily so they go out commiting crimes because life sucks for them, and they have to ruin the lives of others all because they're to lazy to go get off their behinds and get a job or go back to school and educate themselves. At this point you're not even worth a response because I know I'm talking to an ignorant slave minded Atlantan that's probably never stepped foot out of your city and you're living a lie thinking that Atlanta is 24 hours based Waffle Houses and Walmart stores. Plus I already know that you're going to send more pathetic worthless comments towards me but they will ignored, and I admit I was tripping going back and forth with you about this pointless topic so I'm going to get my mind right and be the mature adult and move forward with life.
uhh... no. it's because atlanta's metro area is over twice the size of sacramento. your post is laced with racism and an incredible amount of nonsense based on conjecture. if people committed crimes because they were bored, smaller cities would always have higher crime rates and rural areas would be overrun with criminals. i agree that atlanta isn't a 24-hour city, but your posts are becoming increasingly indicative of the possibility that you are a moron.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:42 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,822,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuga888 View Post
There are plenty of small cities everywhere with 24hr walmart, gas stations, waffle houses, kroger...
For sure! Where do you think the trucks are stopping when they are not in Atlanta?

Let's just try to keep it real. It's outlandish to believe that in all these United States, only 5 or so cities don't give a flip about keeping normal business hours. I have been through quite a few who don't even have a last call. I'm more aggravated that Walmart and QT are my closest options for things open after 10. And who closes a friggin IHOP at night, leaving Huddle House as my closest option?

If I hated Atlanta, then I'd not be living here, but I'm not going along with this it's on and poppin 24/7 thing. It's weak on that front.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:09 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
This thread is ridiculous. Atlanta is no '24 hour' city. Las Vegas and NYC are.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:14 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Nyc is not 24 hours. Everything shuts down by 10pm unless you are in times square or a tourist or nightclub district. You can't shop at Macy's, go to a play, go to a museum or buy fake clothing on Canal St at 5am. 95% of those restaurants close by 10pm
Having grown up there, and having spent some of my late teens (drinking age was 18) and early 20s in NY, you can eat, drink, see a movie, and do many things in NY after midnight.

Can you shop at Macys or do anything you want...no, but no one said you could.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:18 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,630,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Having grown up there, and having spent some of my late teens (drinking age was 18) and early 20s in NY, you can eat, drink, see a movie, and do many things in NY after midnight.

Can you shop at Macys or do anything you want...no, but no one said you could.
You can do that in most cities

Old 12-11-2013, 07:18 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,641,163 times
I love Atlanta, but I don't consider it a 24 hour city. I live in a area of the metro near 24 hours supermarkets, restauarants, etc which I appreciate but that does not make a 24 hour city. It's all about the energy of the city. Unfortunately the sidewalks seem to roll-up after 8pm in most of the city proper, which is the case in most US cities. Although you can't shop at Macy's at 3am in NYC, but there are people out walking the streets, riding the subway, just living life at that time of the night. Honestly Atlanta doesn't need to be a 24 hr city to be a great place.

Hey Sacramento dude, are you friggin serious? Sacramento?

Old 12-11-2013, 01:53 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
This thread is ridiculous. Atlanta is no '24 hour' city. Las Vegas and NYC are.
Living in new York now I would even question that NY is 24 hours .. To me Vegas is the only 24 hour city

Old 12-11-2013, 02:03 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
I love Atlanta, but I don't consider it a 24 hour city. I live in a area of the metro near 24 hours supermarkets, restauarants, etc which I appreciate but that does not make a 24 hour city. It's all about the energy of the city. Unfortunately the sidewalks seem to roll-up after 8pm in most of the city proper, which is the case in most US cities. Although you can't shop at Macy's at 3am in NYC, but there are people out walking the streets, riding the subway, just living life at that time of the night. Honestly Atlanta doesn't need to be a 24 hr city to be a great place.

Hey Sacramento dude, are you friggin serious? Sacramento?
Those streets are very thin and so are the subways unless its the weekend .. go to Chelsea union square lower east side east and west village hells kitchen meat packing district etc tonight at 3 am and tell me how many people are walking the streets and out eating. On Monday I went to this place called club no where in Union Square and when we came out at 3:45 we were the only ones in Union square it was dry and there was no vibe or energy. The only thing was open was McDonald's and Best Buy. NYC shuts down and sleeps so does the people. I been visiting new since 2001and now I'm a resident here and I'm really starting to see NYC true colors..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta