Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2007, 04:34 AM

18 posts, read 63,432 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I have an oppertunity to relocate for a job in a few different areas, such as Calhoun, GA- Memphis, Tn- Cincinnati, OH. My main question is we are a young couple that enjoys the nightlife. But unfortuatlly we don't make alot of money (really poor). So we have to stretch our entertaining dollars. We love the heat (evan humidity). I have heard that the cost of the nightlife/bar scene is real expensive in Atlanta. Is this true? I have heard it is like $15 or $20 a person just to get in alot of the nightclubs. This doesn't evan include drinks. Is this true? We are into the rock/goth scene. Thank you for taking the time to read this & any comment you reply with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 04:52 AM

513 posts, read 1,632,542 times
$20 seems rather excessive for a nightclub here. I went to the Chamber once back in '95 and I doubt it costs that much (even if it's still around). And concert tix for midline rock bands in your genre wouldn't be $20 unless the band has a following.

Poor people should use Netflix and never go out. Rent a Bauhaus concert

Old 10-06-2007, 08:45 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,662,983 times
Your first issue might be that Calhoun is a good hour from Atlanta... so gas costs might eat up some of your money! Calhoun is actually much closer to Rome and probably Chattanooga...

something to keep in mind. Atlanta is probably not where you need to live if you are going to be working in Calhoun and if you like to drink, driving home that far is not a good idea either.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:36 AM

18 posts, read 63,432 times
I appreciate your comments. I actually don't drink & drive, but my wife will be drinking. I will not live in Atlanta but in between Atlanta & Calhoun. I don't think any other town arounds offers much for nightlife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: