Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:53 AM

110 posts, read 246,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoveDiva View Post
When I lived in Atlanta full-time, I attended Impact Church. LOVED IT.

Impact Church - Doing Church Differently
I second the Impact Church. I just moved from Atlanta to DC, but I go back to Impact when I'm in town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 11:01 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,579,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Because the Bible states very clearly that the Church is about building relationships and sharing fellowship with other believers.

Acts 2:42-44 ESV
"And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. And all who believed were together and had all things in common."
Newsboy its a waste of time. Most churches are a waste of time & most religous people there are fake.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:15 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,412,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Newsboy its a waste of time. Most churches are a waste of time & most religous people there are fake.
In your opinion.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:42 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,382,703 times
Quote:
The key is finding a good fit. There are people inside of the church as well as outside of the church that are less than sincere.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:39 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,916,202 times
Get back to the topic please folks, and it's not to offer opinions about people who go to church or why churches exist, etc etc. Thank you

Old 10-25-2012, 10:40 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,880,261 times
Quote:
My life experience is the complete opposite. From the question posed by the OP, it's obvious it's not there experience either. Helpful suggestions are asked for, not a critique of religion by someone who has an agenda. This site has a religion forum for this kind of comment.

OP, where are you located exactly? I know of some good churches in Coweta and Fayette I could recommend.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:41 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,880,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Get back to the topic please folks, and it's not to offer opinions about people who go to church or why churches exist, etc etc. Thank you
Sorry Greg, I posted the above before I scrolled down and saw that you had already addressed this. Not asking for your job!

Old 10-25-2012, 11:16 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,247,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
OP, where are you located exactly? I know of some good churches in Coweta and Fayette I could recommend.
I would love some recommendations. I don't love traditional style churches, but I hate the ones that have a bunch of videos during the service and make it seem like you are watching commercials. Don't like the ones where they sing like seven songs before the service. Would like one that is less emotional and more thought based.

I'm picky.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:09 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,960,055 times
Again, whereabouts do you live? And do you seek a particular denomination? There are several in Fayette and Coweta you may like -- Dogwood Church, Crosspoint Church, New Hope Baptist, Fayetteville First Baptist. Northpoint has a satelite in PTC but that doesn't sound like your thing.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:22 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,247,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Again, whereabouts do you live? And do you seek a particular denomination? There are several in Fayette and Coweta you may like -- Dogwood Church, Crosspoint Church, New Hope Baptist, Fayetteville First Baptist. Northpoint has a satelite in PTC but that doesn't sound like your thing.
South Fayette. I have checked out the Northpoint satellite church and that is what inspired my comment of not liking the "commercial" like announcements.

Denomination aren't big, but I am adverse to Baptist. Non legalistic and thought over emotion is very important. I have been to Presbyterian and Methodist and they are alright. I think I am more open to non denominational churches.

Hopefully I am moving very soon to the tri-cities area so I guess churches in Fayette / Coweta have a good chance of not mattering, just more curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta