Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 09:54 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,553,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Man you sound like a lil ____!

i had to laugh out loud on this post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,103,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'm pretty sure I said pro-sports, and that would not be college ball. LSU fans =/= Saints fans. I know this first hand, growing up next door to Louisiana.

But I'm not about to get into it with you about what you or anyone else supposedly heard at games. If you want to believe that the SEC territory is this perfect haven of happy-go-lucky fans, then so be it. I won't stop you, but I stand by my statement of Saints fans being awesome, and that New Orleans is a much cooler and more alive city than Atlanta.

Oh, and before you try it, my city just clinched a playoff berth, so we're good over here.
LMAO....Saints fans have the shortest memories. How quick yall forgot the paper bag days, how quick yall forgot the fact fhat Tom Benson did everything he could to try and escape and move the team after Katrina. Roger Goddell made him stay, if not for him the 'Aints would be playing in San Antonio right now. Tom Benson knows the city is too poor to support an NFL team in the long run. Like I said earlier, the 'Aints are a couple of bad seasons away from moving. Everyone down there knows that in the back of their mind. Its the 900 pound Gorilla in the room no one wants to mention. That is a fact. And more alive? That is left up to an opinon. To be honest, and I said it before, New Orleans is only good for people who cant afford to go to Vegas and party. Getting drunk and walking around bar hopping is not my cup of tea, and thats all New Orleans has to offer. I would rather go to Vegas and see gorgeous women from all over the globe as opposed to seeing middle aged mid western women with muffin tops throw up in the street in New Orleans.

New Orleans = The poor mans Vegas

And to top it off that is all they have to offer....when it comes to real world day to day things like working/getting money or raising a family, New Orleans really has nothing to offer then. If it was such a great city how you people from there claim then half the city wouldnt have took their FEMA checks and moved to other cities. Its not like Katrina happened and then all the sudden people realized the city was below sea level and was prone to floods. That has been known for over 300 ywars. Katrina happened and the people realized en masse that it was their ticket out, so they left.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I said pro-sports, and that would not be college ball. LSU fans =/= Saints fans. I know this first hand, growing up next door to Louisiana.

But I'm not about to get into it with you about what you or anyone else supposedly heard at games. If you want to believe that the SEC territory is this perfect haven of happy-go-lucky fans, then so be it. I won't stop you, but I stand by my statement of Saints fans being awesome, and that New Orleans is a much cooler and more alive city than Atlanta.

Oh, and before you try it, my city just clinched a playoff berth, so we're good over here.
And Im guessing youre either a Texans or a Pats fan. The Pats D is horrible his year, especially their secondary. And the Texans actually look good. Andre Johnson is a gamer and JJ Watt is an absolute beast, too be honest I wouldnt want to see them on a Sunday.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:22 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,354,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
LMAO....Saints fans have the shortest memories. How quick yall forgot the paper bag days, how quick yall forgot the fact fhat Tom Benson did everything he could to try and escape and move the team after Katrina. Roger Goddell made him stay, if not for him the 'Aints would be playing in San Antonio right now. Tom Benson knows the city is too poor to support an NFL team in the long run. Like I said earlier, the 'Aints are a couple of bad seasons away from moving. Everyone down there knows that in the back of their mind. Its the 900 pound Gorilla in the room no one wants to mention. That is a fact. And more alive? That is left up to an opinon. To be honest, and I said it before, New Orleans is only good for people who cant afford to go to Vegas and party. Getting drunk and walking around bar hopping is not my cup of tea, and thats all New Orleans has to offer. I would rather go to Vegas and see gorgeous women from all over the globe as opposed to seeing middle aged mid western women with muffin tops throw up in the street in New Orleans.

New Orleans = The poor mans Vegas

And to top it off that is all they have to offer....when it comes to real world day to day things like working/getting money or raising a family, New Orleans really has nothing to offer then. If it was such a great city how you people from there claim then half the city wouldnt have took their FEMA checks and moved to other cities. Its not like Katrina happened and then all the sudden people realized the city was below sea level and was prone to floods. That has been known for over 300 ywars. Katrina happened and the people realized en masse that it was their ticket out, so they left.
Who is "y'all" and "you"? I'm not a New Orleanian or a Saints fan, though there is a bit of a kinship, seeing as how they're all over my city.

I think you're proving that you know very little about the city. If you're a corny tourist who never leaves Bourbon Street, then I can see your point. But the entire city offers so much more than that. There's more history and character on one city block of New Orleans than there is in entire neighborhoods of Atlanta.

Vegas is a poor man's Vegas. It's not nearly as high class as some seem to think it is. Going there is surprisingly cheap, and the entire city reeks of tawdry, working class entertainment.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Who is "y'all" and "you"? I'm not a New Orleanian or a Saints fan, though there is a bit of a kinship, seeing as how they're all over my city.

I think you're proving that you know very little about the city. If you're a corny tourist who never leaves Bourbon Street, then I can see your point. But the entire city offers so much more than that. There's more history and character on one city block of New Orleans than there is in entire neighborhoods of Atlanta.

Vegas is a poor man's Vegas. It's not nearly as high class as some seem to think it is. Going there is surprisingly cheap, and the entire city reeks of tawdry, working class entertainment.
Not going to act like an expert on New Orleans, but I have been there more than a few times. And it wasnt really on the tourist tip either. My aunt moved there from Chicago before I was born and got married and had a family down there. When I would visit my cousins we wouldnt do the tourist thing, they would take me to block parties in the hood and school parties at St Augustine and Dominican Catholic. Ive been to Hollygrove and Iberville more than Ive been to Bourbon St.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:

Lol..There is more money and oppurunity in one city block of Atlanta than there is in the entire city of New Orleans.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:01 PM

8,487 posts, read 15,015,710 times
When the Falcons and Texans make it to the Super Bowl (which I fully expect), C-D will look like World War III.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Lol..There is more money and oppurunity in one city block of Atlanta than there is in the entire city of New Orleans.
That's not true at all. There's plenty of wealth in New Orleans. Tourism, oil, and their port are big money makers. Atlanta is sleeker, more comfortable, and has all the advantages of being a larger city...but it stops there, in my opinion.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
When the Falcons and Texans make it to the Super Bowl (which I fully expect), C-D will look like World War III.
Ugh...count me out.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:32 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,309,801 times
Egg thrower got fired. Or, "quit" as it's being reported. Raise your hand if you're naiive enough to believe he quit and wasn't threatened with termination.

Saints bus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta