Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,314 times

Advertisements

Hello ATL Forum...

This is my first post. I have been directed to this forum several times over the years thru various Google Searches, so I figured this would be a good, anonymous (for now) place to start on my quest for new nightlife spots to hit up. Recently, I have been catching the feeling to go out more often; however, I am very selective on where I would like to go based on my preferences. I've been out to several upon several places in and around ATL throughout the years, but I have only found very few places that I really enjoyed going to. I'm a fairly young (25 sometime in the next year of 2013) Black (not that it really matters in my eyes, just stating for the record) male, enjoy listening to Hip-Hop/Rap, R&B, some Top 40, etc. Clubs are cool, but I'm into the lounge/bar thing as well. I just can't stand the pretentious vibe I get from a lot of people while going out certain places, that's not it for me. (Not everyone is doing as well as they put on to be, IMO.) The "hood"/hole-in-the-wall spots...completely out of the question. Just not what I'm looking for in my stage of maturity. In all, I just want to find some new places that I can go sip a beer or three, meet some good and single females that aren't (too) worried about what I can do for them financially, nod to some night-appropriate music, not ice-grill any dudes, and go on home satisfied. I mainly venture around the northside, Midtown, and Gwinnett (which is home and work), but I'm open to (almost) anywhere the action may be. Tastes are maybe a bit particular, but it may work out...I guess what I am trying to do is get some feedback on some places I can look into going to, based on what I have stated so far. Would definitely appreciate it.

P.S. I HATE long lines. I've cut a few lines in my lifetime, so I'm a bit spoiled in that regard. 5-10 minutes and I'm aggravated...haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 04:57 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,025,361 times
If I remember later I will email you a huge list of places

Old 12-19-2012, 07:02 AM

986 posts, read 1,667,361 times
Try MJQ off Ponce on Friday nights...

Old 12-19-2012, 07:23 AM

1,709 posts, read 3,427,907 times
Swinging Richards has a great DJ.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:46 AM

221 posts, read 431,564 times
Friday Night:
Vanquish Lounge
Twist
Reign

Saturday Night:
Shout
Aurum Lounge
Halo Lounge
Frank Skis
Strip

If you like Reggae checkout Thrive on Saturday night.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:12 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,025,361 times
General list

Monday: Gold Room, Tongue and Groove, Magic City
Tues: halo
Wed: aurum, doa
Thurs: vanquish
friday: mjq, indigo, cafe circa, sound table,etc
Sunday: loca luna

The best events are Old School Saturday, Sol fusion, spreadlove, sunset longer,etc.

Atlanta used to be a club city now its a promoter city meaning you find the promoter that you like and follow them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: