Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 07:38 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,962 times

Advertisements

Report: Los Angeles wants Falcons - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

Los Angeles interested in Falcons, according to report - SBNation.com

So given that there is another twist to this Dome story, why in the heck won't Atlanta exercise its options? Who is to say that Atlanta has to have a pro-sports franchise named for a bird?

Atlanta has waaaay too much money to allow one guy to extort us into destroying a perfectly fine stadium to waste taxpayer money for a team that if history has been the judge, will let us down again.

Hello? Atlanta JAGUARS anyone?

Just saying...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,645,897 times
Never in a million years. This is just a scare tactic to push for a stadium. Falcons are going nowhere.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:13 AM

I say we don't need a new stadium. The Falcons didn't earned it, not with that last game.

If Atlanta & Georgia's political leadership wasn't such total garbage, we have would have our ducks lined in a row by going to NFL franchises in cities with weaker profit potential and recruit them to come to Atlanta.

But our leaders totally suck so they will never ever act like Atlanta has a chip to bargain with(and Atlanta has a mountain to bargain with).

Old 01-29-2013, 08:15 AM

88 posts, read 128,640 times
I laughed when I heard about it this morning. Of course this report comes out now with the whole stadium situation going on. Not happening, nice try.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:17 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,018,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I say we don't need a new stadium. The Falcons didn't earned it, not with that last game.

If Atlanta & Georgia's political leadership wasn't such total garbage, we have would have our ducks lined in a row by going to NFL franchises in cities with weaker profit potential and recruit them to come to Atlanta.

But our leaders totally suck so they will never ever act like Atlanta has a chip to bargain with(and Atlanta has a mountain to bargain with).
They haven't earned the dome either

Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 AM

All the more reason for our crap-tacular leaders to pull their collective heads out of their sphincters and go to Jacksonville and float some offers.

Just sayin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooktheoriginal View Post
I laughed when I heard about it this morning. Of course this report comes out now with the whole stadium situation going on. Not happening, nice try.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:20 AM

Then say it with me:

Atlanta Jaguars.

That should've happened yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
They haven't earned the dome either

Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,856,240 times
No, Roger Goddell shot the idea of any team moving to LA last year when JAX threatened to do so. Goddell promised an expansion team to LA within 5 years.
This is just Blank threatening the mayor and state leaders to give public money for the new stadium.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:51 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,379,079 times
It would be a shame to lose the Falcons, however, it is a business and businesses do relocate in search of better business environments. This particular business generates millions upon millions for the local economy. The cost of the new stadium must be weighed against that economic benefit. Further, additional revenues that a new stadium may generate - over that generated by the current stadium - must also be analyzed. My gut tells me that $300 mm from a bond offering - repaid by tourists and visitors through the hotel/motel tax - is likely a wise move.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:58 AM

361 posts, read 748,242 times
Not going to happen. Los Angeles is all bluster.

They never back up anything they say. Villaraigosa talks a good game, but that is all it is - talk. Plus, and most importantly, they are BROKE. Almost ALL California cities and counties are BROKE. They are NOT in any position to offer the financial incentives (such as infrastructure improvements) to bring a team in from anywhere. They are one of the most poorly run cities in the US, if not the worst. Villaraigosa is more concerned about his sexual conquests that he is running his city.

Plus, I doubt Arthur Blank would be that stupid. Remember, above all else, he is a business man - some would say a brilliant one - and I cannot see him moving the team anywhere. Honestly, who comes up with this stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta